Does anyone feel certain guitars sound better with effect pedals than other guitars would?

Ex: The Telecaster Thinline 72 I was running some pedals through sounded a lot better than a Epiphone Les Paul Custom and MIM Strat when I ran them through the same pedals. (Effects included Phaser, Flanger, Chorus, Tremolo)
it really depends on the guitar, i think my schecter sounds better with effects but the les paul has a better pickup that sounds more natural without the effects. Damn you EMGs
Gear
Schecter C1 Hellraiser FR
1967 Ventura Les Paul Copy
Marshall JCM 2000 Dual Super Lead
Quote by Always-Ben
Does anyone feel certain guitars sound better with effect pedals than other guitars would?

Ex: The Telecaster Thinline 72 I was running some pedals through sounded a lot better than a Epiphone Les Paul Custom and MIM Strat when I ran them through the same pedals. (Effects included Phaser, Flanger, Chorus, Tremolo)

It mostly depends on the amp, but my thinline sounds good with effects. And 72 tele thinline FTW my friend. Its my fav guitar
Fender 72 Tele Thinline (my baby)
Gibson SG Special Faded
ESP LTD M-1000
Peavy Vk 112
Boss GT-10
Quote by steven seagull
In a word, no.

I think you may have understood the question wrong (as I did at first). He doesn't mean "do some guitars sound better once you put effects on them", he means "do some guitars sound good with effects while others don't". In which case, the answer is a pretty obvious yes. Some pickups sound better with some distortions. Reverb with cheap humbuckers gets really, really muddy, etc...
I know what he meant, and the answer is still no
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
I think teles sound amazing with effects, and a strat sounds better just guitar to amp
Follow me on twitter and junk @GodDammitZack
Yeah, I know what you mean. My Tele seems to take my Big Muff and Small Stone nicer than the PGM does. They both sound great with the TS though. I think certain effects just work more in harmony with the tonal qualities of certain guitars...it's kind of logical really.
Ibanez PGM301
Ibanez GRG170DX
Fender Telecaster MiJ - 1986
Swing T-Through

Ibanez TS9DX
Sovtek Small Stone - c.1985
EHX Big Muff
Kimbara Wah - c.1974
Boss GE-7

Orange Rocker 30 Combo

http://www.myspace.com/paythelay
Quote by Kurapica
Yeah, I know what you mean. My Tele seems to take my Big Muff and Small Stone nicer than the PGM does. They both sound great with the TS though. I think certain effects just work more in harmony with the tonal qualities of certain guitars...it's kind of logical really.

Indeed. Doing further work, I found that Teles, ES-335's, PRS, and any knock-off with similar tonal qualities worked the best with said effects.
I think fenders sound beautiful with and without effects personally

But matt bellamy's mansons tele with the built in fuzz unit sounds epic
Guitars
Custom Les Paul
Custom ZW Bullseye
Brunswick BD200CE
Epiphone ZW Custom Camo
Custom Fender Highway Tele Daphne Blue
Parker Nitefly M
Squier Classic Vibes Strat W/BKPs
Ibanez SZR720QM W/EMGs