Page 1 of 2
I've been collecting vinyl since Christmas. I was just curious about other UG'ers vinyl collections

Kill em all- Metallica

Sounding the Seventh Trumpet- A7X

Appetite for DESTRUCTION- G'n'R

Bleach- Nirvana

Fresh Fruit for Rotting Vegetables- Dead Kennedys
I have about 4 boxes full of vinyl, ranging from oldies, classic rock, underground metal, and 80's rap.

edit: 4 boxes doesn't really help but I'd say I have about 70-100 vinyls, some without the covers
Quote by breakdown123
Is there such a thing as a heavy riff with out chugging on the e string?
Last edited by CLIFF_BURTON at Mar 23, 2009,
My treasure is my vinyl Master of Reality by Black Sabbath.

Edit: Garage sale.
Last edited by Trefellin at Mar 23, 2009,
Quote by aces25
i got 3 at hot topic. Others online

Did you get the Dead Kennedy's online because the rest are definitely at Hot Topic.

My personal favorite vinyls are RATM's self titled, and the hard to find Temple of the Dog one.
I have my mom's old vinyls, and some of my own
what are they?
Gods of the Earth-The Sword
Doors discography
Paranoid-Black Sabbath
Grand Funk Railroad Discography
The Who-Live at Leeds
Cortez the Killer, Silver and Gold, After the Goldrush-Neil Young
Hotel California-The Eagles
Don't Fear the Reaper- Blue Oyster Cult
*can't remember the names*-Allmand Bros. Band
and Stevie Nicks (dunno which album)
All but few (GFR and The Sword) are my moms, from when they first came out
Quote by synestershadows
Shai Hulud mother****er.
Quote by Cheesemaster
Funny I have the same ones, did you get them at hot topic?

definatly thought that TS was being dissed hardcore... with the hot topic and all...but im not even sure
Pink Floyd: Animals, The Wall, Dark Side of the Moon, Wish you Were Here
Led Zeppelin: Complete collection (I think)

a bunch of Crosby, Stills, Nash and Young.

The Doors-Weird Scenes From The Gold Mine (or something like that, i can't remember)

Deep Purple- Machine Head

A bunch of Jimi Hendrix
i'll always support a nice vinyl collection.

after reading op,
**** that.
why does avenged sevengay even have vinyl, they suck?
███████████████████████████████████
Last edited by tona_107 at Mar 23, 2009,
Quote by michaelbot9000
definatly thought that TS was being dissed hardcore... with the hot topic and all...but im not even sure

I wasn't really meaning it to be a diss but I could smell where ts got his vinyls
theres a place about 40 minutes from my house out in the middle of nowhere with a bunch of antiques and stuff, and they've got a whole room full of old vinyl stuff

my latest find was dark side of the moon (pink floyd)
Sabbath Bloody Sabbath and A Night at the Opera
Quote by RU Experienced?
Now with 20 percent more Allah!!!

Quote by Borsworth
^^^

Quote by GoldenRose94

that'd be slightly creepy if i didn't find it so amusing.
I just started collecting em too...so far i have Sleep's Holy Mountain..original from 92' or 93' cant remember:P but its transparent green and trippy as hell. I also just got a Grateful Dead Aoxmoxoa original.
Oh bitches, I got Tommy by the Who still in the original plastic, Sgt Peppers by the Beatles still in original plastic and a Buddy Holly picture album. I got about 20 albums in all, most of the are unopened and some nice ass tunes. Paranoid by the Sabbath is probably my favorite one, followed by Nevermind the Bullocks and then The New York Dolls.
Quote by aces25
I've been collecting vinyl since Christmas. I was just curious about other UG'ers vinyl collections

Fresh Fruit for Rotting Vegetables-Dead Kennedys

WANT!!! Seriously I can't even find it on CD!!!
Give me convenience or give me death's a better album though!!!

Edit:Used to have a Eurithmics album & an America one & Dr Hook-Bankrupt but I've misplaced them
Quote by Spoony_Bard
Dude I got these strings the other day that couldn't be tuned to higher than 4 octaves below middle C then I realized that they were shoelaces and they weren't making any sound at all.
Last edited by gunners fan at Mar 23, 2009,
Quote by gunners fan
WANT!!! Seriously I can't even find it on CD!!!
Give me convenience or give me death's a better album though!!!

I have give me convenience on cd too. Found it at best buy.
Quote by aces25
I have give me convenience on cd too. Found it at best buy.

Damn You! I've been trying to download it track by track but so far I only have

-Police Truck
-Two Drunk to ****
-California Uber Alles
-I faught the Law
-Pull my strings

But hey I'll find the CD for sale somewhere one day!
Quote by Spoony_Bard
Dude I got these strings the other day that couldn't be tuned to higher than 4 octaves below middle C then I realized that they were shoelaces and they weren't making any sound at all.
i know of this site called buycdnow.com that has pretty much everything (cd's, vinyl, etc.) for cheap and shipping is like $1.95
i got a lot of Pink Floyd and Rush albums from my dad, basically a complete Rush discography and 2 copies each of the Wall and DSotM, along with the Final Cut.

I had bought a sick picture disk Job for a Cowboy vinyl but i gave it to my friend for his birthday.

I also got a cool see thru gold copy of Crystal Ball by Styx.

plus another 50-70 albums from my parents.
Quote by \m/Angus\m/
Oh bitches, I got Tommy by the Who still in the original plastic, Sgt Peppers by the Beatles still in original plastic and a Buddy Holly picture album. I got about 20 albums in all, most of the are unopened and some nice ass tunes. Paranoid by the Sabbath is probably my favorite one, followed by Nevermind the Bullocks and then The New York Dolls.
The New York Dolls are amazing.

and I have about 40 vinyls, just a bunch of random ones...Saturday Night Fever, a couple Smiths albums, a few Floyd ones, a couple Beatles, and the rest is just random.

Oh. And, I have Never Gonna Give You Up, the single. There's about 3 remixes on it, and an instrumental version. That meme may be getting old, but that song sounds amazing on vinyl.
Anyone who thinks that music these days is dead doesn't listen to enough music.
The only vinyl albums I own are "Frampton Comes To Life" and "Billy Joel's Greatest Hits" and sadly I've never heard either of them. If I had more money I'd start collecting more vinyl, more specifically:

The Who, Live at Leeds
Radiohead, OK Computer and Kid A
My Bloody Valentine, Loveless
Any Smiths record I could find
The Beatles, Revolver
Cat Power, either Moon Pix, The Covers Record, or Jukebox.
Quote by dsotm73
The New York Dolls are amazing.

and I have about 40 vinyls, just a bunch of random ones...Saturday Night Fever, a couple Smiths albums, a few Floyd ones, a couple Beatles, and the rest is just random.

Oh. And, I have Never Gonna Give You Up, the single. There's about 3 remixes on it, and an instrumental version. That meme may be getting old, but that song sounds amazing on vinyl.

I have the full album of the song in bolded in vinyl it's a f*ckin awesome album, a must have. When you buy it tell them Cheesemaster recommened it
I only collect first pressings and test presses. Anything other than that isn't worth wiping my ass with.
My style is impetuous.
My defense is impregnable, and I'm just ferocious.
I want your heart.
I want to eat your children.

-Mike Tyson
just today i picked up Blood On The Tracks by Dylan and The Man-Machine by Kraftwerk. currently spinning Nebraska by Springsteen.

maybe if i feel up to it i'll toss up a few pictures of my entire vinyl collection.
I have a rather large collection, but I'll only list the ones I listen to:

The Mars Volta: Amputechture, Deloused in the Comatorium
The Doors: Best of, Live at the Hollywood Bowl
Coheed & Cambria: No World For Tomorrow
Black Sabbath: Master of Reality
Pink Floyd: DSOTM, The Wall, Meddle, Animals, Piper at the Gates of Dawn, Saucerful of Secrets ( I really like Pink Floyd )
The Beatles: Sgt Peppers, Let it Be
Thin Lizzy: Live & Dangerous
Deep Purple: In Rock
King Crimson: In the Court of...
Talking Heads: Stop Making Sense

╠═══════╬═══════╣

THE ASTRAL PANDA σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Last.fm
Last edited by ub3r_bassist666 at Mar 23, 2009,
Quote by uhh_me?

maybe if i feel up to it i'll toss up a few pictures of my entire vinyl collection.

I think I may do that in the morning, a thread full of vinyl collections would be sweet to look at
Quote by synestershadows
Shai Hulud mother****er.
my lp collection consists of older albums i buy used for $4 at the local record store

dark side of the moon
raw power
thriller
led zeppelin iv
kiss alive
blonde on blonde
etc.
I've got about 200 or 300, my favourites are islands, larks tounges in aspic, in the court of the crimson King, starless and bible black-from King crimson; selling england by the pund, by genesis; ELP'S tarkus, and a ton more... hahaha
Quote by aces25
it doesn't matter where i got them. It's about the music.

Yeah and that music sucks.

I recently got a signed Paul McCartney 12"
I picked up a Robert Cray album off my dad a few weeks ago as well, really enjoying that.

Vinyls are back!
my dad gave me all of the Led Zeppelin Vinyl's and all the Beatles albums Vinyl's. i keep them in a shelf. i just listen to them on an Ipod instead even though theirs something about them thats just "better".
Page 1 of 2