I have an ac30, and i need more gain. I have decided treble booster is the way to go.

so heres what ive been looking at...

BBE frequency boost <-- cheap, but lack of demos makes it hard to see how it sounds
Keeley Java boost <-- expensive, but sounds great
Throbak strangemaster <-- quite pricey. i have another pedal from Throbak, its great.
Throbak flashdrive <-- no germanium transistor, so its the odd one out
Home made treble booster <-- self explanatory
Edit: Fryer Brian may boost <-- not sure what model, or if they offer multiple models

so I guess I'm looking for a rangemaster-like clone. Switches and tone knobs don't impress me. true by-pass and ac option are both pluses. any other suggestions welcome. nothing over 300$ please.

heres a list of treble boosters, including home made ones, being sold on ebay-

http://shop.ebay.com/items/__treble-booster_W0QQQ5ftrkparmsZ72Q253A1205Q257C66Q253A2Q257C65Q253A12Q257C39Q253A1QQ_dmptZGuitarQ5fAccessoriesQQ_trksidZp3286Q2ec0Q2em14QQ_sopZ15QQ_scZ1
Last edited by airliner at Mar 23, 2009,
if you need more gain why not get a overdrive or clean booster
Gear:
Fender MIA Strat w/EMG SA's
Fender Super 60
Boss RT-20 Rotary Sim
Ibanez AD-9 Analog Delay
EHX Big Muff

"Doctor Kindly Tell Your Wife
That I'm Alive, Flowers Thrive
Realise, Realise, Realise"
Danelectro Wasabi OD.
LTD JD 600
Fender Celtic Esquire
Ibanez RGA7
Schecter S-1 Elite
Line 6 FM4
KORG Pitchblack
Digitech Whammy
Dunlop Wah
Ibanez TS-9
ISP Decimator
Peavey 6505 Halfstack
Marshall 1960b Cab
Line 6 POD X3 Live
Quote by WSR66
Danelectro Wasabi OD.

gross
███████████████████████████████████
Homebrew Electronics Germania

Please check it out...gives you a lot of control
"Prefiero morir parado que vivir siempre arrodillado" - Ernesto "El Che" Guevara de la Serna (1928 - 1967)
no no no, i want natural amp drive. take your od pedal suggestions and leave. As for a straight up boost, no thanks. I specifically want high-med frequency boost, and a little bit of low cut. as for the two treble booster suggestions, i will check them out.

anybody know anything about the fryer brian may boosts?
EQ pedal?
Quote by FatalGear41
I wouldn't call what we have here on the Bass Forum a mentality. It's more like the sharing part of an AA meeting.

Quote by Jason Jillard
HUMANITY WHATS WRONG WITH YOU.

Warwick Fortress>>Acoustic AB50

http://www.myspace.com/rustingbloom
Build your own, they are EXTREMLY easy to make

Quote by gregs1020
Brett has been saving for a splawn for 4 years
countries have been toppled in the time it's taking, revolutions won got a black pres

yawn

Quote by bubb_tubbs
When he finally gets one it'll probably be televised like the Berlin Wall coming down.
The end of an era
you could try the byoc tri-boost if you want to have a go building your own pedal. its got a treble boost as one of the modes, so it might be something to look into.
Im not gonna make my own, as i destroy every electronic i touch. And no, no eq pedal. jof1029, ill check it out
i have a BBE treble booster and it's pretty cool. i haven't tried any of the other ones to compare, but it gives a nice boost.
╠═══════╬═══════╣

SOUND MASON σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Pickups for sale!
Whatever, I think im gonna go with the flynn treble booster. simple and comparitevly cheap
Go the Rory Gallagher/Brian May way and get a TS-808.Just in case you haven't tested one of them,of course...
Last edited by Lucas Townshend at Mar 26, 2009,
i'll sell you mine for $60 shipped. it's practically brand new and goes for $100 new.

edit:
comes with warranty, box, and a 9 volt adapter.
╠═══════╬═══════╣

SOUND MASON σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Pickups for sale!
Last edited by SlappyMcLardfat at Mar 26, 2009,
dude. get the analogman beano. seriously. its worth every cent

and if u're budget conscious get the byoc triboost. these two treble boosters are amazing.