hey, i'm new here. i read the rules but i just wanted to introduce myself. i'm really sorry if this is in the wrong section. I checked twice but wasn't sure.

anyways, my name is Tyler. i've been playing guitar for a few weeks now. i started at school. we learned boring songs like one string spin offs of "Mary had a little lamb". BORING, especially after you can play the same stupid three notes with your eye lids (well not really:P). so i went and build a guitar. I had this old electric guitar from the 80's in my basement that had a big crack in the body. so in my wood shop class i cut out the rough shape of a stratacaster (favorite guitar) and fitted the neck and electronics inside. it sound alright, but its good for learning, even though i don't have an amp . well anyways, i first taught myself "smoke on the water", then began playing the easy version of "here comes the sun". the main reason i started guitar was to learn "hey Jude", since its this girls favorite song, and i heard girls like musicians .

anyways, hopefully i don't become a big problem or anything for most people.
I hate to break it to you, but hopefully chicks isn't your main reason for being a musician. If it is, your life is going to be hell.

Anyways, hey! I hope you enjoy your time on UG as much as I have mine. Personally, I would advise you to stay away from The Pit until you get yourself more familiar with the people on this board.