So if anybody has been keeping up on my useless threads about my trace elliot bass amp, you'ed know it had no fuses, and it was replacing our peavey SP118.( not SP120, my bad). Today we got the trace elliot working, but we bypassed the main fuse by sodering the wires together and bypassed the speaker fuse with a peice of sodder wire. And it works. We took the peavey apart, and nothing wrong with the amplifyer, so we hooked the speaker up to the trace elliot bass amp(which works fine now) and the speaker would not work directaly hooked up to it. Which leads me to believe that its fried, or blown. When the peavey died, it died in a smoking glory.
So, is this a classic sign of a blown speaker?
I don't know... but I laughed pretty hard at your sig. [Sorry, I have nothing helpful to add other than good luck.]
Dude, you don't solder the fuse connectors together.
The whole point of the fuse is to shut off power to the amp if something is going wrong and the amp is getting more power than it's supposed to get.
100w Peavey Valveking Head
Mesa Rectifier 4x12 Standard Cab
Ibanez RG 321
Boss DD-7
iSP Decimator x2
BBE Boosta Grande
Modded Crybaby
MXR Blue Box
Numark Power Conditioner
Korg DTR-1000
The trace elliot was blowing fuses for a reason. Bypassing them is a good way to start a fire.
First of all, the amp was sitting in storage for god know how long. I dont know the history of the amp so I couldent tell you if it was blowing fuses previsouly. I know bypassing fuses is a horrible idea, but it wasent my idea, the tech up there did it, since we needed a bass amp pertty fast, and it was too late to go get the fuses.

Mabey I should of asked this to begain with. Is it possible to fix a blown speaker is the foam is not broken and the cone is not broken?