OK so my friend got me to realize that im going to be a senior in about 5 months and need to start looking at colleges seriously. I want to be a high school english teacher, and I am not sure what to look for when I look at the majors a college offers. Should I be looking for Secondary Education? Or should I be looking for an English degree? Can anyone recommend any good colleges for what I want around Chicago? Very much freaking out here.
I'm going to college next year, and I'm from Chicago. I'm going to either Purdue or Iowa, but not doing anything related to teaching. My sister wants to be an elementary school teacher, so she went to Depaul, but from what she's told me she doesn't like it that much. (Roomate who steals clothes and the general populace being too "guido")
You might want to look at Northwestern as well. If you want another perspective my guitar teacher went to Amherst and got a masters or something in education and music. Of course you would be moving quite a ways away and paying out your ass.
but yes you would want to be looking at secondary education, and to agree with the cubfan, why the hell would you want to teach high school english
ya that'd be the last field i'd want to go into. ive hated all my english teachers so far. and the subject it self sucks
Quote by cubfan1091
why would u want to be a high school english teacher.

Quote by drunkenirish
but yes you would want to be looking at secondary education, and to agree with the cubfan, why the hell would you want to teach high school english

Where else would I be able to read, write, and argue with people all day every day, along with having control over small groups of people?
1. go to Michigan
2. study secondary information
Quote by AA00P
Listen to the man, he's Jewish.