Page 1 of 2
my friend wanted our band to expeirament with altcore? wtf is altcore? i asked him but he didnt respond so im guessing he's sleeping now.

Is this even a genere? If so who are some altcore bands.
My Gear:
Epiphone Classic Les Paul
Ibanez JS1000 w/ Seymour Duncan Jazz and Pearly Gates
Alverez Acoustic
Fender Hot Rod Deluxe
Boss GT-8

Add Me?
damn, it seems like "everything+core" is a genre now. personally, when creating music, i avoid trying to label anything, and let it come out as it does
Quote by AA00P
Listen to the man, he's Jewish.
I Googled it and someone had it as a tag on Last.fm. The only band mentioned that I recognize is Isis. Cool band, but I have no idea why they would be called "altcore"...but that's mostly because I don't know what the hell "altcore" is.
Miss Scourge? PM me.

I am the mistress of ManWithoutAHat . This pleases me.
Quote by guitarsftw
damn, it seems like "everything+core" is a genre now. personally, when creating music, i avoid trying to label anything, and let it come out as it does

that's what I would perfer actually. Just play what comes out. If it's metal one time and classic rock the other i wouldn't care
My Gear:
Alverez Acoustic
Fender Hot Rod Deluxe
Boss GT-8

Add Me?
I was under the impression that "something + core" meant that whatever the 'something' was it was mixed with the musical styling of hardcore music. One common way of utilizing this is breakdowns.

Metalcore = Metal + Hardcore
Deathcore = Death Metal + Hardcore

So in your case alternative music with a hardcore influence.

Might be pretty tricky given that 'alternative' is a pretty general term.
Just say nocore. Maybe you should try the time-honored method of playing what you like and letting other people decide how to label you?
I have:
Acoustic B200H+B115 cab, Schecter Stiletto Custom 4, Rondo Fretless, Boss EQ-7.

Some men just want to watch the world burn. And they work at Behringer.
Quote by Ultimate Will
I was under the impression that "something + core" meant that whatever the 'something' was it was mixed with the musical styling of hardcore music. One common way of utilizing this is breakdowns.

Metalcore = Metal + Hardcore
Deathcore = Death Metal + Hardcore

So in your case alternative music with a hardcore influence.

Might be pretty tricky given that 'alternative' is a pretty general term.

huh. thanks dude
Quote by samskii
Just say nocore. Maybe you should try the time-honored method of playing what you like and letting other people decide how to label you?

i never said i was gonna let him do that, i was just wondering wtf it is.
My Gear:
Alverez Acoustic
Fender Hot Rod Deluxe
Boss GT-8

Add Me?
Last edited by Black Label93 at Mar 24, 2009,
Umm.. I'm going to assume Altcore stands for Alternative Core so therefore Alternative=Shit & Core=Shit then Altcore must = Shit Shit or Shit to the power of 2
Quote by Spoony_Bard
Dude I got these strings the other day that couldn't be tuned to higher than 4 octaves below middle C then I realized that they were shoelaces and they weren't making any sound at all.
Quote by gunners fan
Umm.. I'm going to assume Altcore stands for Alternative Core so therefore Alternative=Shit & Core=Shit then Altcore must = Shit Shit or Shit to the power of 2

Witty.
Quote by gunners fan

funny stuff.
My Gear:
Alverez Acoustic
Fender Hot Rod Deluxe
Boss GT-8

Add Me?
Quote by gunners fan

we have a comedian in the house...
KLH & KGB
11/28/09
Quote by gunners fan

LAWL U R SO FUNI
The will be heartache,
there will be rain,
and joy I can't explain.
Alternative Hardcore... is that possible? Doesn't it contradict itself? Oh, no, you know what that means...

OH SH--

I write songs.
YOU SHOULD LISTEN TO THEM
Currently Requiring Crits:
none
Quote by WyvernOmega
Alternative Hardcore... is that possible? Doesn't it contradict itself? Oh, no, you know what that means...

OH SH--

Holly ****-balls Batman!!!!!

Also no you divided by Zero-core
Quote by Spoony_Bard
Dude I got these strings the other day that couldn't be tuned to higher than 4 octaves below middle C then I realized that they were shoelaces and they weren't making any sound at all.
Quote by Bowkore
What about Bowkore?

My Gear:
Alverez Acoustic
Fender Hot Rod Deluxe
Boss GT-8

Add Me?
Wang-core!!!!
Quote by Spoony_Bard
Quote by Bowkore
What about Bowkore?

icwutudid
The will be heartache,
there will be rain,
and joy I can't explain.
no man Ctrlcore is the good stuff. F*ck Altcore.
Gear:
Jackson Dinky DK2L
Epiphone LP Standard
Yamaha Acoustic
Bugera 1990 w/ Peavey 2x12 cab
Quote by drunkinkoala
I hate those "core" genres. It has lots of distortion, it's heavy, it's metal.

You'd better hope there aren't any elitists lurking

They get defensive when it comes to genres.
The will be heartache,
there will be rain,
and joy I can't explain.
I don't know...All the same to me. How about everythingthatendswithcoreautomaticallymakesitterriblemusic-core

__.-~~~~-.|___|___|__
_/********\_|___|___|
|*/**\**/**`~~~~~-.__
||****|**0*********@_
||****|***.********|_
\|****|***\*******/__
_\****/**/`~~~~~~`|__
_('--'""`)__|___|___|
Quote by Jesus
LedDaveZeppelin, You are so awesome.
It's basically alternative rock where someone screams. At least, that's my take.

I'll interpret it as some Chevelle songs, Breaking Benjamin, etc. Possibly harder stuff like Godsmack, Shinedown, etc. also fit.

Since there's obviously more to the aspect of "-core", I'm sure there's better examples.
Back to the classic avatar.

Quote by KISSguitarist
You are the best writer ever Graybass. Sig me for that. But i love you! You should make a book!

Quote by Phil_Bass_Boy
Jesus christ, your avatar is the best I have seen in my life.

Quote by mh400nt
Graybass_20x6 has a better avatar than you
Quote by Wrst_Plyr_Evr
I prefer Delcore

i like ctrl+F4core
KLH & KGB
11/28/09
I would make a joke about preferring corecore to all the other cores, but apparently Urban Dictionary says this guy played it: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/GG_Allin
At the Justice Tour:
Guy in audience: Libertyville represent!
Tom Morello: Yes. Libertyville…represent.

Quote by IDread
Damn. You got insanely lucky when it comes to manly surnames.

Ai æm eɪ prəpoʊnənt ʌv eɪ kəmplitli fənɛtɪk ælfəbɛt. Spɛl ɛvriθɪŋ wɪθ ðə AɪPiEɪ.
Quote by Col.Kurtz
Hardcore Pop lulz

you mean like these guys?
Quote by neopowell
That would be amazing. "I WILL BURN EVERYTHING!" *Garrigan appears with bucket* "Fuck this for a giggle, I'm outta here..."

Blog?
follow me
Quote by GArrigan
you mean like these guys?

good god, what is this world coming to? actually, tbh, they look like djs, not musicians
Quote by AA00P
Listen to the man, he's Jewish.
Quote by guitarsftw
good god, what is this world coming to? actually, tbh, they look like djs, not musicians

they look like fags, not djs
My Gear:
Alverez Acoustic
Fender Hot Rod Deluxe
Boss GT-8

Add Me?
Page 1 of 2