Page 1 of 2
I've heard about them but never listened to their music they sound interesting though who would you compare them to?

Edit: wow he has a heavy Australian accent and he like sings/speaks not bad actually kinda refreshing
She Had An Abortion That She Made Me Pay For
Last edited by volcom_sk8_rock at Mar 24, 2009,
Almost abit like Karnivool, except more australian m8, haha.
I didn't think anyone would like the vocals, I didn't at first.
The will be heartache,
there will be rain,
and joy I can't explain.
smash the pinata is pretty sweet good guitar work. Where can I find their music?
You mean tabs? I'm not too sure. You could ask the band via their website/myspace, they might reply. I'm not sure what tuning they use either. I was right next to the guitar tech at the annandale gig a couple of weeks back, I should have asked

But I got the setlist
The will be heartache,
there will be rain,
and joy I can't explain.
Best. Australian. Band. EVER!

Ezekiel's voice is great (IMO). His somewhat spoken word technique owns.
Some people like cupcakes exclusively, while myself, I say there is naught nor ought there be nothing so exalted on the face of God's grey Earth as that prince of foods:

the muffin!
Anyone want the setlist?
The will be heartache,
there will be rain,
and joy I can't explain.
Quote by titsmcgee852
You mean tabs? I'm not too sure. You could ask the band via their website/myspace, they might reply. I'm not sure what tuning they use either. I was right next to the guitar tech at the annandale gig a couple of weeks back, I should have asked

But I got the setlist

nah like is their any music on the internet that I can get.....free ya know
Don't you dare!

Small Australian bands need all the help they can get

Pm'ed
The will be heartache,
there will be rain,
and joy I can't explain.
Especially with Mammal whole "no label" nonsense
Some people like cupcakes exclusively, while myself, I say there is naught nor ought there be nothing so exalted on the face of God's grey Earth as that prince of foods:

the muffin!
Turns out my friend already has that album Majority so I will have to have a proper listen to it.
Like any songs yet?
The will be heartache,
there will be rain,
and joy I can't explain.
Well first few listens the majority and smash the pinata stand out. Im hearing a lot of good guitar work as well kind of remind me of Audioslave but Im not a huge fan of them.

A pretty high octane band they are all over the place first in terms of their sound.
I saw an interesting article that came up with this

Tool + Rage Against The Machine x Karl Marx = MAMMAL

Awesome band, anybody who is a fan should check out "Full Scale" The band Zeke was in before Mammal. Lyrics are similar in content, but the sound as a whole is more heavy.

Unfortunately Full Scale disbanded quite a while ago.
"I'm just gonna go comatose for a few hours, hallucinate vividly, then possibly have amnesia about the whole experience"

"...okay"

It's strange how lightly we take dreaming
xkcd.com

Opeth Exorcism
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lhi50xg5Lg4

Setlist for anyone interested. Listening to full scale atm, not bad!
The will be heartache,
there will be rain,
and joy I can't explain.
Nice setlist! I've unfortunately only seen Mammal once (pathetic I know) and it was a similar one that we got.

And yeah! Full Scale are catchy as, Party Political was their biggest hit I believe. Such a massive sound.
"I'm just gonna go comatose for a few hours, hallucinate vividly, then possibly have amnesia about the whole experience"

"...okay"

xkcd.com

Opeth Exorcism
Zeke played a solo song at the concert too. He went on stage with an acoustic guitar and some chick on violin and played a song about ned kelly
The will be heartache,
there will be rain,
and joy I can't explain.
For real!? Ah that's just far too cool. Although we were lucky enough to have them play a couple songs with Lucius Borich of COG on stage playing an interesting assortment of drums. I love it when bands get guest members like that.

"...okay"

xkcd.com

Opeth Exorcism
Aww lucky bastard! Lucius wasn't there at my gig

Saw Cog at bdo, and I've got to say, it didn't fit, I think they're more suited to enclosed venues. There just wasn't much energy
The will be heartache,
there will be rain,
and joy I can't explain.
I agree, I've seen Cog three times now, once at BDO, once at a smaller festival, and once at their own show. They definitely need a stage that compliments their show. Amazing when they have that however.
It's probably a lot to do with Flynn being quite closed-off as a frontman also, they need ambience.

And I'd call me a lucky bitch, not bastard

"...okay"

xkcd.com

Opeth Exorcism
Well sorry

Cog will be writing later on this year, apparently! 2009 will be a good year
The will be heartache,
there will be rain,
and joy I can't explain.
Oh it will, touring from heaps of bands, including Mammal.
New album most definitely from Karnivool, and debut from Dead Letter Circus we hope.
COG writing.
Sounds great!

"...okay"

xkcd.com

Opeth Exorcism
Can't say I've ever listened to dead letter circus, what's their sound like?
The will be heartache,
there will be rain,
and joy I can't explain.
Ummm... God. They supported COG a couple years back on the tour before Sharing Space was released. They're a brisbane band, interesting vocals! Not the best of our Aussie talent but worth a listen nonetheless. You'll have to check them out because they're a bit hard to explain.

They released an EP a couple of years ago, and a single recently. Try and find the songs "The Mile" and "Alien"
One thing they really have going for them is their bassist, he's a gun.

"...okay"

xkcd.com

Opeth Exorcism
I listened to disconnect and apply, I like it. There's so many good unheard of bands around here, it's crazy.
The will be heartache,
there will be rain,
and joy I can't explain.
Another good song of their first EP. And it's true. I honestly believe the Aussie rock and metal scene is one of the best out there. It just doesn't get anywhere near enough exposure.

"...okay"

xkcd.com

Opeth Exorcism
I'm listening to sleepmakeswaves atm, bloody great music. Very prog, arrangements are ace.
The will be heartache,
there will be rain,
and joy I can't explain.
Yeah I saw that on the other thread and would like to listen, unfortunately I'm currently at my hermit boyfriends house and he has DIAL-UP. (What's that you ask? exactly...)

So I can't listen to anything just now.
But I'll be sure to check them out when I get back to civilisation!

"...okay"

xkcd.com

Opeth Exorcism
ok. Well they're instrumental, so if you like a heavy version of Sigur Ros with no vocals, then you should like them
The will be heartache,
there will be rain,
and joy I can't explain.
Sounds interesting! I daresay I'll probably like them. Though I speak of all this heavy Aussie music I love, what am I currently listening to? Moon Safari. Yeah.

"...okay"

xkcd.com

Opeth Exorcism
Dead Letter Circus have some really good guitar work in their songs and as for Australian music well its just great I used to be pretty ignorant towards it but now an Australian band are easily one of my favourites (The Drones) haha had to slip them in somewhere.
I have to agree, although their guitarist is a wanker, as is Kim, the singer. Shame when that happens with bands, but hell! If the music is good, who really gives a damn?

"...okay"

xkcd.com

Opeth Exorcism
Got the mammal EP today , sounds pretty good
The will be heartache,
there will be rain,
and joy I can't explain.
I saw them at Newcastle, one of the best gigs I've ever been to, Zeke is the best frontman I've seen live and the whole show was electric!!!

I'd also liken them the Chili Peppers, only cause of the vocals, slap bass and rhythmic nature of the songs... early Chili Peppers that is...

But yeah Mammal are awesome! For one of their songs at the Cambridge they invited the support band Poetikool Justice up to sing and play drums and stuff... it was really cool..
Quote by titsmcgee852
Got the mammal EP today , sounds pretty good

It is good! The last song "Groove Junkie" has this awesome guitar and bass, very Tool sounding don't you think?

"...okay"

xkcd.com

Opeth Exorcism
I haven't listened to it proper yet
The will be heartache,
there will be rain,
and joy I can't explain.
I love Smash the Pinata when it gets to 3:48. I listen to the whole song just for that 10 sec part. If that was the chorus, it would be the best song ever written .
1. Open My Computer.
2. Open C:
3. Click on WINDOWS.
4. Open the folder "Media."
5. Click on the file "onestop."
6. Listen.
**** I love Mammal

EDIT: My brother talks about that mechanical eye thing every time Mammal is brought up

Now I know what he is gas bagging about.

the muffin!
Last edited by sebastian_96 at May 18, 2009,
Page 1 of 2