I recently got a fender blues junior but think something may be wrong with the reverb tank. The best way I can describe it would be, while playing if you were to strike the strings with the side of your hand and pick, it kinda sounds like a short "bong" like the springs are not moving much or something.

Traditionally reverb should sound like it continues on shortly kinda with a "ghostly" type tone to whatever you played. I hope you understand what I mean or trying to describe.

Anyway, what could this be? and can it be fixed or will I need to look for a replacement or something?

Edit: I should also add that the reverb seems to work when playing anything. Only when you "scrape" the strings does it not continue. It just doesn't seem right, but maybe I am wrong?

Thanks for any answers.
Last edited by sui generis at Mar 24, 2009,
my Blues Jr. does that to, I think it's just the Bj's reverb
Quote by gregs1020
Brett has been saving for a splawn for 4 years
countries have been toppled in the time it's taking, revolutions won got a black pres

yawn

Quote by bubb_tubbs
When he finally gets one it'll probably be televised like the Berlin Wall coming down.
The end of an era
See I wasn't sure if it was supposed to. I never really noticed when I have played other amps which is why I am unsure.
yeah I think most people replace the BJ's reverb tank cause it's so springy
Quote by gregs1020
Brett has been saving for a splawn for 4 years
countries have been toppled in the time it's taking, revolutions won got a black pres

yawn

Quote by bubb_tubbs
When he finally gets one it'll probably be televised like the Berlin Wall coming down.
The end of an era
Mine does something similar. I'm either going to have to replace the tank or get a good pedal (I"ll probably replace the tank). I love the amp too much to part with it.