ok pit, heres the deal. i have an auto 96 eclipse gs (fwd non-turbo) . it only had one owner before me, and neither of us drive/drove it like a race car. now i have an opporotunity to get rid of my car and gain a 98 eclipse gsx (awd turbo). the only drawback i can think of on it is that its owned by a hs senior who i know hangs out w/ the ricer crowd, so it may have been pushed a few times. based off of this information alone, does it seem like i win here?
Tampa Bay Buccaneers

South Carolina Gamecocks

Quote by SGstriker
Chef Strato-Massacre: Cooking shitstorms since that comment.

Quote by PurpleClawz
Damnit why are you full of so much win
You're trading a 2g eclipse for another 2g eclipse?

God I hate/envy you...
The arena is empty except for one man,
Still driving and striving as fast as he can.
The sun has gone down and the moon has come up,
And long ago somebody left with the cup,
But he's driving and striving and hugging the turns...
Quote by Davus
You're trading a 3g eclipse for another 3g eclipse?

God I hate/envy you...

nah those are 2g. 3 g starts in 99/00. and im not actually "trading". when i make up my mind im selling my car to another person and using that money to purchase the gsx, if i choose to do so.
Tampa Bay Buccaneers

South Carolina Gamecocks

Quote by SGstriker

Quote by PurpleClawz
Hmm..if my memory serves me correctly, the gs model eclipse is a 6 cylinder? The gsx has probably been pushed more than a couple of times..
First off, how many miles does yours/his car have?
If his is over 100k or so, the turbo is probably worn out. its up to you though. I wouldn't.
Gear
1971 Ibanez Roadstar II Series
Fender MIM Strat
Fender Frontman 15w
Digitech RP250
Last edited by scotty178 at Mar 24, 2009,
make sure the turbo isnt blown/boost leak or any other surprizes. Ricers ruin cars more often than not.
Gear:
Modded Steinberger Spirit (white) (SD-AH/EMG Select)
Modded Steinberger GP-2R (white) (EMG81/60)
Peavey XXL head
Hughes and Kettner Cream Machine
Hughes and Kettner Blues Master
Trade it for an old school eclipse or eagle talon.
My style is impetuous.
My defense is impregnable, and I'm just ferocious.
I want your heart.
I want to eat your children.

-Mike Tyson
I caught that, I thought to myself "No one saw it! I don't look like a retard about my favorite car!"

Sigh...

I have my eye on a 95 Eclipse GS. God, I love that car. Either that or 2002 Eclipse some teacher at the school drives, both are going to be on sale by the time I can get a car.

Anyways, the awd is worth it if you live somewhere with actual seasons. If his is a manual, do it. It's a much more rewarding drive.

I'm assuming you're in high school, right? Even if he pushed it, any damage done won't be a factor unless you'll be driving it through college. That's my guess. Do a thorough inspection and you'll be fine, ESPECIALLY make sure the compression is good in all the cylinders.
The arena is empty except for one man,
Still driving and striving as fast as he can.
The sun has gone down and the moon has come up,
And long ago somebody left with the cup,
But he's driving and striving and hugging the turns...
Quote by Davus
I caught that, I thought to myself "No one saw it! I don't look like a retard about my favorite car!"

Sigh...

I have my eye on a 95 Eclipse GS. God, I love that car. Either that or 2002 Eclipse some teacher at the school drives, both are going to be on sale by the time I can get a car.

Anyways, the awd is worth it if you live somewhere with actual seasons. If his is a manual, do it. It's a much more rewarding drive.

I'm assuming you're in high school, right? Even if he pushed it, any damage done won't be a factor unless you'll be driving it through college. That's my guess. Do a thorough inspection and you'll be fine, ESPECIALLY make sure the compression is good in all the cylinders.

awd turbo car? DEFF manual tranny. and im a freshman in college.

and to the people above me, my car has 170K on it, and idk how much is on his, i just saw the car for sale today, called the nubmer, and left him a message.

one more thing, to the 4 or 5 poster, the GS has a 4 cylinder 16 valve DOHC Chrysler 420A under the hood.
Tampa Bay Buccaneers

South Carolina Gamecocks

Quote by SGstriker

Quote by PurpleClawz
Quote by IlikeTheSKA
Trade it for an old school eclipse or eagle talon.

My friend you to have a Talon...but then the engine lit on fire when we were on our way to play basketball one day. Funniest car related incident of my life.
http://columbia.craigslist.org/cto/1050950773.html

im pretty sure thats the same car i looked at. its in the same area and the description is very close to what i saw of the car i looked at. he didnt have the price on the car though, just a number.
Tampa Bay Buccaneers

South Carolina Gamecocks

Quote by SGstriker

Quote by PurpleClawz