I know for vibrato that you're suppose to use your wrist instead of your fingers, but in this song that I'm learning there is a vibrato on the 4th string and then another on the 5th string. I find this very hard to attempt a vibrato using my wrist, so should I do it with my fingers? And also what about 6th string vibratos?

Also, there is a part in the song Rose of Sharyn by KSE where it's like
D|--------------------------------------------------------|
A|--------------------------------------------------------|
F|--------------------------------------------------------|
C|8-7h8p7p0------------------------------------------|
G|--------------7h8p7p0-8/10------------------------|
C|--------------------------8/10------------------------|
In almost all of the music I play I use high amounts of distortion, and I find pull-off's on any string besides the 1st to do cleanly without any other added noise. I use the thumb of my picking hand to mute the low strings, and most of the time use my index finger on my left hand to mute the strings higher than the string I'm playing a note on. In this case though I'm pulling off to 0...? How do I get that to sound without any other strings humming or being hit?

Travis
Question 1: I don't see any harm in it.

Question 2: Don't take your finger totally off of the fretboard to do the pull off. Just take it off of the one string.

EDIT: 6th string vibratos: Basically, it was something I just had to do. Pull the string towards the ground and just move it back and fourth.

Sorry if anything in this post could be considered misleading. I stayed up too late tonight...again.
Last edited by The.new.guy at Mar 24, 2009,
Quote by ibzabstract
I know for vibrato that you're suppose to use your wrist instead of your fingers, but in this song that I'm learning there is a vibrato on the 4th string and then another on the 5th string. I find this very hard to attempt a vibrato using my wrist, so should I do it with my fingers? And also what about 6th string vibratos?

Also, there is a part in the song Rose of Sharyn by KSE where it's like
D|--------------------------------------------------------|
A|--------------------------------------------------------|
F|--------------------------------------------------------|
C|8-7h8p7p0------------------------------------------|
G|--------------7h8p7p0-8/10------------------------|
C|--------------------------8/10------------------------|
In almost all of the music I play I use high amounts of distortion, and I find pull-off's on any string besides the 1st to do cleanly without any other added noise. I use the thumb of my picking hand to mute the low strings, and most of the time use my index finger on my left hand to mute the strings higher than the string I'm playing a note on. In this case though I'm pulling off to 0...? How do I get that to sound without any other strings humming or being hit?

Travis

The best way to learn a good vibrato is to watch someone who has one. David gilmour..Ozielzihno, jason becker n ****, mustaine.

The answer to the question about pull-offs - i think this is mostly to do with your guitar and amp. Id suggest fiddling around a bit with your amp, try it on clean, just try a few different variations to get the pull-offs to sound out right. I know what you mean though, i have quite a cheap setup so things like that do happen to me aswell. Obviously there is some technique involved, so just keep workin' on it. I know that that KSE song is quite aggy anyway (the pulloff bit, its pretty quick)