Ok so heres the deal. I just bought a new Fender 5 Jazz active bass. I recently had it adjusted and the guy messed up the nut. It fell off. Normally I figured I could hold it down with the tension from the strings. Unfortunately the B string pushes it off to the side even after stringing it last. Its actually playable but with a horrible buzz. Do I have to take it in or can I fix this myself. Thanks a bunch in advance
Gorilla glue????

I'd personally take it in. make the guy who messed it up pay for it too.
dean edge one 5 string
Schecter studio-4
Samick fairlane-6
Ibanez sb900
Ibanez btb775
Fender p bass special deluxe

Dean Del Sol
Ibanez prestige rg2610

Peavey TKO 65
Peavey vb-2
Quote by the_perdestrian
listen to revelation, for he is wise in the way of bass-fu
I would but I don't want him to glue it wrong leaving me with constant unfixable buzz
I mean glue it yourself. but I really wouldn't. there was a bit of sarcasm in there. I think the best option is to take it in and have him pay for it. From what i hear this type of repair is really cheap anyway.
dean edge one 5 string
Schecter studio-4
Samick fairlane-6
Ibanez sb900
Ibanez btb775
Fender p bass special deluxe

Dean Del Sol
Ibanez prestige rg2610

Peavey TKO 65
Peavey vb-2
Quote by the_perdestrian
listen to revelation, for he is wise in the way of bass-fu
The nut is broken it sounds like. You need to buy a new one and either replace it yourself, or have someone else do it. Which ever luthier broke it should be responsible for fixing it free of charge imo
Its not really "broken" its just off. Nothing is cracked, nothing is bent. just off. So ill take it to get glued. thanks a bunch, I thought it would be more complex