Hi all!
I'm looking for a tube amp, and I've seen a nice little peavey.
The Windsor Studio 20Watts all tube power But i want ur opinion on its sound.
I've got a strat and a les paul and play classic rock, funk(the peppers?), blues and sometimes a bit metal(metallica). Also, is the 20 watts enough for practice with drums?
I'm not a gigger but i do sometime practise with a drummer. So is it loud enough?
Thx!
the sounds is a little jagged, and cleans can be an issue, so funk may not work well with it

i don't know about volume, but crankin it may give you enough
Quote by AA00P
Listen to the man, he's Jewish.
Quote by SlappyMcLardfat
it'll be loud enough, but it doesn't do cleans very well, but a bit of chorus will soften it out.

+1

Turning the volume down on your guitar helps too. I think the lack of cleans will be an issue for funk though...but these amps are great for a classic rock sound.
So, it's got some great overdrives. But cleans are a bit less..
But that problem can be solved with a nice pedal?
And can someone explain what that "power sponge" knob does?
Friendly greetings Dimitri
Its got great overdrives, but like I said the cleans leave a lot to be desired. If you roll back the volume on your guitar you can get OK clean tones from it. I use a chorus pedal too when I want to clean it up a bit more. The power sponge is only found on the studio combo version of this amp, but it essentially acts like an attenuator.
And whats an attenuator?
And about the cleans, would it help changing the tubes?
Quote by Dimitri92
And whats an attenuator?
And about the cleans, would it help changing the tubes?

An attenuator is kind of like a volume control. It allows you to keep a tube amp cranked, while keeping the over all volumes low. I haven't tried changing the tubes in my head yet so I don't really know if it will help out the cleans at all.
Thankyou verymuch for the fast replys eyebanez!
So u've got the Windsor head ! Do u have the matching cab or something else?

'Bout the studio, is the 20 Watt enough to play with a loud drummer? Or should i look for something bigger than 20watts. I noticed that it's possible to put a cab underneath it. How does that work? The studio works as a head then? and using only the cab speakers? If i put lets say 2 12 inch 50 watts underneath it. Will it go way louder or...? Cause the head/cab storys here on UG are a bit difficult for me, cause i'm not from an English speaking country.
The Windsor Studio is loud enough for a drummer.
There is an external speaker jack with switchable ohm-age. The internal speaker becomes disabled when plugging in an external speaker (I think).
Plugging in a cab with 2 speakers will not make it louder, but should make it sound fuller.
Quote by Dimitri92
Thankyou verymuch for the fast replys eyebanez!
So u've got the Windsor head ! Do u have the matching cab or something else?

'Bout the studio, is the 20 Watt enough to play with a loud drummer? Or should i look for something bigger than 20watts. I noticed that it's possible to put a cab underneath it. How does that work? The studio works as a head then? and using only the cab speakers? If i put lets say 2 12 inch 50 watts underneath it. Will it go way louder or...? Cause the head/cab storys here on UG are a bit difficult for me, cause i'm not from an English speaking country.

Yeah I have the matching cab...unfortunately It lacks in the low end...I might end up selling it and getting someting else in the future. 20W should be loud enough to play with a drummer. I'm not sure about adding a cab. Most combos disable the internal speaker when you have a cab hooked up, but I'm not sure. The cab won't necessarily make it sound louder, just a little fuller. And with a cab you will be able to choose the kind of tone you're looking for, speaker combinations, etc.
Tomorrow i'm gonna try it out
A musicstore nearby has a nice offer for the windsor studio,
299 euros
I'm also gonna try some VOX stuff And maybe I can hook up a cab on the Windsor.
I'll let u know what i'm gonna do Thnks a lot for the advice!
Friendly greetings
Dimitri