I don't even know how. I was sitting here dialing in some custom tones on my pedal, and all of a sudden, all I'm getting is this hum, sort of like a cranked up cheap amp makes. It worked for a second, but then it went back to making the hum. What happened? What do I need to do? I've never had this happen before.
Try it without the pedal, if you're still getting problems it could be a loose wire in the guitar or something. Try to isolate the source of the noise.
it's not your guitar, it's your amp. change lead, plug in with out the pedals and then if that's still happening get a techy to check out your amp.
... wrote
the funny thing about those ads is, if i could steal a car at the comfort of my own computer in my own house, i would.

Quote by MyDesertRose
Ahahaha TS just got gobsmacked.
Well played Wicked Rose
sounds like the soldering (sp) in the cord might have detached or the wiring in the amp or guitar might have also detached from the pot or are about to. try opening up the back compartment where the electronics are on your guitar and look at the pot and see if both wires are still secured, and if you can do the same with your amp and cable. if ur not comfortable with doing this yourself take it to a guitar tech. it can be a typical problem, has happened to me a few times, nothing to worry about. a minor and often cheap fix
XBLive Gamertag: ecdeluxe1000 send me friend requests (make sure u put UG in the message somewhere)
Quote by Wicked Rose
it's not your guitar, it's your amp. change lead, plug in with out the pedals and then if that's still happening get a techy to check out your amp.

That's good and all, but I'm going from the pedal right to headphones.

Quote by malmsteenkid
sounds like the soldering (sp) in the cord might have detached or the wiring in the amp or guitar might have also detached from the pot or are about to. try opening up the back compartment where the electronics are on your guitar and look at the pot and see if both wires are still secured, and if you can do the same with your amp and cable. if ur not comfortable with doing this yourself take it to a guitar tech. it can be a typical problem, has happened to me a few times, nothing to worry about. a minor and often cheap fix

...****, not again. That's it, next time something on this guitar breaks, I'm gonna try and convince my dad to help me out getting a new guitar. This is the second time that's happened to the input jack, and the screws for the strap are stripped, not to mention the pickups are crap, but that's not really something faulty with the guitar. Thanks, someone can close this.