OK pit it seems i need your help again.

Im in year 10 at school and next term there is going to be the work experience week. The problem is that im not sure where to go or look. I have a couple contacts from the database of previous employers off the computer of my schools careers adviser but it was only a few that i took and im still confused.the thing is that i dont have much time left to get things in order as a have a bad habit of leaving things to the last minute. I know that i would like something to do with music (recording studios, stuff like that) or computer programming but the problem arises when i found out that even the contacts i do have barely any companies seem to have websites which seems to make finding out about them hard.

does anyone have any suggestions of how to find stuff along those lines. I should probably mention that i live in sydney, australia so any sydneyers who knows any good places please mention and if anyones has website likes that would be even better

Thanks, sorry about the wall of text
Chelsea FC

Quote by Blues Hippie
As for the swim team member that drowned, it just means the swim team just got a lot better. Same with him too, it's time to move on, the weakest link is gone...
Last edited by TOMMYB22 at Mar 24, 2009,
I ended up doing work at IT warehouse. Was great. If you show them that you know stuff about computers they'll even let you work on the tech shop (repairs, set-ups etc).
If you wanna work in music though, i have a few mates that went workin at billy hide and alans music.
they said it was great.
I didnt get what i wanted, but i think what i ended up with was even better than what i wanted.
Shows that nobody knows what they really want =\
Quote by Telecaster7
call a music store, and talk to them.

That is what your mouth is for (not blowjobs, surprisingly)

I've thought about music stores but im a little hesitant because i think that it could be a little boring.
Chelsea FC

Quote by Blues Hippie
As for the swim team member that drowned, it just means the swim team just got a lot better. Same with him too, it's time to move on, the weakest link is gone...
Where in Sydney?

pretentious small text, right justified signature
UG's professional coffee nerd
also UG's musical theatre nerd
roscoe's wetsuit
It's just work experience, no one cares where you do yours at. I did mine at a real estate agency and I've got little to no interest in that area. But if you want to make yours slightly more meaningful, by all means. Me, personally, just felt like getting it over and done with ASAP. Work was shit and so was the pay
^ i get what your saying but the problem is not that i want it to be meaningful, i just dont want to be bored for a week and if i learn something interesting then thats good too.

btw i live in the eastern suburbs but i wouldnt mind catching a bus to anywhere moderately far away.
Chelsea FC

Quote by Blues Hippie
Quote by TOMMYB22
^ i get what your saying but the problem is not that i want it to be meaningful, i just dont want to be bored for a week and if i learn something interesting then thats good too.

btw i live in the eastern suburbs but i wouldnt mind catching a bus to anywhere moderately far away.

Chances are you won't find a placing with music places as I can only assume they are fairly popular. I ended up doing mine with a landcare agency and it ****ing ruled - half the day we were out fishing, driving the boat around, etc; I got offered a job straight up at the end of it.
Do something totally different to what you think your field of work is going to be as you might find out you like it more than what you have in mind.
"Everybody, one day will die and be forgotten. Act and behave in a way that will make life interesting and fun. Find a passion, form relationships, don't be afraid to get out there and fuck what everyone else thinks."
Quote by the_random_hero
Chances are you won't find a placing with music places as I can only assume they are fairly popular. I ended up doing mine with a landcare agency and it ****ing ruled - half the day we were out fishing, driving the boat around, etc; I got offered a job straight up at the end of it.
Do something totally different to what you think your field of work is going to be as you might find out you like it more than what you have in mind.

thanks thats great advice but thing is that i dont have much time to finalise it and at least if ive already narrowed it down it would be an easier search
Chelsea FC

Quote by Blues Hippie
Mate, if you don't have much time left, you won't be getting a job in music. You have to move real fast to get a good work experience job. Also don't go anywhere with lots of people doing the same job eg tesco, sports center coz you get left all the rubbish jobs.
TRANSFORMICE

MUSIC STORE!!!!!
i did mine at the local billy hyde store was wonderful, admitedly i cleaned a fair bit but i did get to hang out with some cool musos and got some great guitar tips
Quote by neopowell
That would be amazing. "I WILL BURN EVERYTHING!" *Garrigan appears with bucket* "Fuck this for a giggle, I'm outta here..."

Blog?
follow me