So I start my first job tomorow night, any of you have bad first day stories?

Page 1 of 2
As the title suggests, do you have any bad/funny (or good) stories at your first day at your first job? Were you nervous? I guess I'm kinda lucky, as my mate whose already been working there for about 6 months is 'training me'.

So, share your stories.
Call me Cam
Quote by DirtyMakik
I'm Han Solo, Splamron's Greedo.

Han shot first. Greedo's dead.
I was actually. This amazingly gorgeous chick was training me, and was all "aw, how adorable, you're nervous."

After that it was mostly for show, but it was just disturbing to pretend after that.

Something almost happened with her. I totally dug her, but I have a girlfriend, and she got fired for stealing anyway.
Quote by Guitar0player
You're Thurstonsexual

Happily E-Married to En_zed
The public doesn't want new music; the main thing that it demands of a composer is that he be dead.
-- Arthur Honegger

Enjoy reading? Please crit my work .
Quote by NakedInTheRain
My friend got fired for throwing up from food poisoning on the first day.

True story.

If it is a true story, and if he had signed a contract, he could of got **** loads of compensation if he'd sued.
Quote by telecastrmastr
if this goes in someones signature im gunna be pissed

Quote by jimithrash
what do you mean by goat
Where are you working?

I work at a IGA (Aussie supermarket) It's pretty good, Pay's $10 an hour. problem is that they never have anything for me to do, and I don't wanna stand around doing nothing, I'd rather work for my money.

Edit: Rofl at the above guys sig: "what do you mean by goat"
return 0;

Quote by jsync
And I've eaten at some of Australia's best pizzerias.

SOUNDCLOUD
. com / fancy-elle
Last edited by Julz127 at Mar 24, 2009,
Quote by Julz127
Where are you working?

I work at a IGA (Aussie supermarket) It's pretty good, Pay's $10 an hour. problem is that they never have anything for me to do, and I don't wanna stand around doing nothing, I'd rather work for my money.

KFC , but I have a friend who works at a music store and his dad is part owner and is "head" of the guitar section, and He said if I can put some form of experience on a resume, I'll probably be able to work there, which I'm pretty happy about
Call me Cam
Quote by DirtyMakik

Last edited by splamron at Mar 24, 2009,
Quote by splamron
KFC , but my friend at a music store's dad works in the guitar section, and He said if I can put some form of experience on a resume, I'll probably be able to work there, which I'm pretty happy about

If you get a job in a guitar store I will be overcome with jealousy and I will explode... in my pants.
return 0;

Quote by jsync
And I've eaten at some of Australia's best pizzerias.

SOUNDCLOUD
. com / fancy-elle
Quote by splamron
KFC , but my friend at a music store's dad works in the guitar section, and He said if I can put some form of experience on a resume, I'll probably be able to work there, which I'm pretty happy about

Wtf is a friend at a music store's dad?
Quote by Guitar0player
You're Thurstonsexual

The public doesn't want new music; the main thing that it demands of a composer is that he be dead.
-- Arthur Honegger

I've never had a job.. I should get one though. Going from no work at all to basic military qualification is going to be a bitch...
Quote by x_thurston_x
Wtf is a friend at a music store's dad?

a friend at a music store. his dad.
Not really, I didn't take any water though (etop tip: take water) and my throat felt about the size of a pea. It's cool now though, I'm pretty good at my job. I actually prefer doing paperwork over serving customers to be honest.

Quote by hazzmatazz
youmakemesmile...

Quote by sebastian_96
Today I stole a girls tampons for being such an annoying bitch.

MUFC

My love for you
Is like a truck
Berserker.
I work at McDonalds....everyday is a bad day...especially the first.
Quote by GodofGuitar1991
you are a real guitarist when you are not ashamed about masturbating to musicians friend magazine.
Quote by tamotots

probably should clear that up
Call me Cam
Quote by DirtyMakik

the first day you won't do anything.

No matter what the job is, you don't really do anything but paper work and watch people do things. Its like Kindergarden, you just sit back and don't do anything, but pretend to learn.
Quote by goth clash
Don't you work with a lot of hot chicks? In Canada there's several hot chicks working at every McDicks.. it makes no sense to me... It's like a hot chick magnet.. which makes me even more confused?!
Quote by tamotots

All I could comprehend was music store's dad.
Quote by Guitar0player
You're Thurstonsexual

-- Arthur Honegger

Quote by KlassikMetal666
Don't you work with a lot of hot chicks? In Canada there's several hot chicks working at every McDicks.. it makes no sense to me... It's like a hot chick magnet.. which makes me even more confused?!

Think that's the same in Sweden, all the cool people wanna work there.

Anyway, my first day was ok, I was nervous but I had a supervisor that talked and talked so you never felt awkward and another employee who kinda looked after me coz I was the youngest and she was the oldest.
Tis good coz my shop only employs 4 people.
TRANSFORMICE

Quote by goth clash

+1

I've been at mcds for 3 1/2 years now. I can stand around doing nothing and no one cares, I have no excuse for going slow but no one cares, everyone knows me there, I haven't progressed at all in the hierarchy, but I can still tell everyone what to do... now that is awesome, I've decided to become a manager now though.
MaKing thE possiBlE...
...totaLlY impossible
its ****ing hilarious down at wendys (an icecream stall in the middle of big supermarket complexs) the manager only hires hot girls, and he makes them wear really really high shorts, like literally 20cm. hes such a pedo.

the funny this is his ugly wife works there too.. and she always wears pants. haha
Quote by BGSM
its ****ing hilarious down at wendys (an icecream stall in the middle of big supermarket complexs) the manager only hires hot girls, and he makes them wear really really high shorts, like literally 20cm. hes such a pedo.
Soooooo, I'm officially going to Austalia.
Quote by KlassikMetal666
Soooooo, I'm officially going to Austalia.

What for?? some pedo action??

Dude the guys got a wife and hot girls lined up, I don't think you'll stand a chance

Unless you want hot girls. but no you wouldn't want that would you

Quote by DeadlyIllness

[that guy again] gets the drum Solo and Title King of the UG.

*Drum Solo*

Steam: yintonyinton
PSN: yintonyinton
I died on my first day on work. True story.

..Yep.
ᶌῖᶌα ɭα ɌεᶌσɭƲʈιʘϰ
Quote by Vauxite
I died on my first day on work. True story.

..Yep.

Really? wow me too.
But i spose that was more my soul than my body

Damn retail *shakes fist*

Quote by DeadlyIllness

*Drum Solo*

My first job was in a fish and chip shop. About an hour into the shift my boss suddenly pulled out the frying tray and poured hot frying oil onto my hand, when I asked 'WHAT THE FUCK??' he just said 'working here, the sooner you get used to burns the better.' He was right.
Quote by ozzyismetal
Neopowell, that's because you are a pumped-up sex offender.
Quote by Kensai
You're exactly the kind of person who'd have sex in a bar drunk
Quote by Zero-Hartman
You're a terrible, terrible man. This is a new middle for you.

I write things. You can read them.Essay on UK student riots
Quote by that guy again
Really? wow me too.
But i spose that was more my soul than my body

Damn retail *shakes fist*

ᶌῖᶌα ɭα ɌεᶌσɭƲʈιʘϰ
I have a stalker where i work.. she literally talks for hours to me and keeps asking for number!! security dont let her in since my manager confronted her.. and she tried to hit him.
Mustaine For President!!

Co-founder of the UG"We're gonna kill emos with HURLS!"club. Pm me or con job to join
Dont Be Shy Sign UP!! WE NEED YOU!
first day working at kmart....cleaning up the means underwear section, old man walks up.. "where are the undies with the pocket"
me: " sorry which undies"
old man: *pulls down pants to reveal y fronts* "these"
me: "they are right in front of you"

yeh pretty traumatising for a 14 year old.
I'm gonna start on my new job on Sunday! pretty nervous..
~And the raindrops in the cars

Keep on falling from off the bars

Blocking out a good song

Playing on the radio~
I just rememberd my first day, or saturday or something

Gahh terrifying

This guy walks up to me acting like he knows me, then proceeds to just talk at me for half an hour, i cant do anything but listen cos he gives me no chance to escape

My manager had to pretend i had a phone call to get me away

Then they explained id just experienced the one guy the whole store hates to see.

And recently we found out hes pretty mcuh a paediophile which was hillarious but creepy at the same time (he pretty much invited this kid to his house to "play video games" right infront of us)

Quote by DeadlyIllness

*Drum Solo*

Not a first job story but...
It was the start of winter and my dad found this good deal on snow tires...used snow tires. I hated em so overnight I decided to deflate one of them. He than got it fixed... So later on in the day I left for work. I took the long way cuz I was a little early. Right by the town where the mall is my OTHER tire that I didn't flatten blew out.
I cant describe how pissed I was.
I tryed to hitchhike to work but that didn't work so I had to run in snow/rain to get there.
The good times are killing me.

Quote by UG TinyChat
meelad: I know this guy "entity0009" and "mike50227"
meelad: They're the best people there

Above Divine
Quote by Well.......
I brang a knife to my first job. Bad idea.

icwutudidthere
The good times are killing me.

Quote by UG TinyChat
meelad: I know this guy "entity0009" and "mike50227"
meelad: They're the best people there

Above Divine
I work in the Union Bar, first day tomorrow night.

Apparantly all n00bies are made to drink a pint of the wastage drains after their shift. :x
My Gear:

Washburn 6 String Bantam Series

Fender Mexican P-Bass

Farida Stratocaster

Peavey TNT115S
I used to work at a Walgreens. One day (not my first day) some guy tried to steal a couple of bottles of cokes and one of my assistant managers chased the guy outside. Once he caught up to the guy he kicked him right in the ass, the guy dropped all the soda and my manager grabbed them and walked back in. Most hilarious thing ever.
Quote by Mike50227
Not a first job story but...
It was the start of winter and my dad found this good deal on snow tires...used snow tires. I hated em so overnight I decided to deflate one of them. He than got it fixed... So later on in the day I left for work. I took the long way cuz I was a little early. Right by the town where the mall is my OTHER tire that I didn't flatten blew out.
I cant describe how pissed I was.
I tryed to hitchhike to work but that didn't work so I had to run in snow/rain to get there.

God dammit Michael, your tires deflated.
"If you're going to try, go all the way. Otherwise don't even start..."
Charles Bukowski
Page 1 of 2