I'm looking at getting a new amp soon, and this was one that I was seriously considering. I was wondering if anyone owned/had tried one, and wether they would recommend it?
Thanks
Supreme Commander Of The Lolcats Of the UG Army

And that guy, who had that idea, one time

╠═══════╬═══════╣

THE SIMIAN σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣
Has this series even come out yet? I didnt think they did
John Frusciante
Slash
Jeff Beck
Matt Bellamy
Jack White

HT-5 Owners Thread

Owner of an 1/4 watt custom combo.

Quote by Garou1911
^This man speaks the language of win.

Donate to my cause
Quote by Sirakov
I recently bought one of these.
Great amp!

how much did u get it for?? and from where?
can it do high gain stuff?
GEAR
ESP LTD Alexi-200
Blackstar HT-5 Mini Halfstack
Squier Affinity Strat
Dunlop Crybaby Wah
Line 6 Uber Metal
I'm also interested in this amp. Does it have good cleans? How does it do with low, mid and high gain settings?
The amp has great cleans - you can actually use the bright and the warm channel for cleans. It stays clean pretty much till 3 o'clock on the gain knob.

What I noticed when I took the amp to practice is that the cleans are softer and mellower when the DPR is at 5W. Increasing the DPR has a negative effect IMO as the sounds gets raspier and not so well defined... But make no mistake - the cleans are unbelievable and every small mistake you make while playing will be very noticeable (there had to be a disadvantage, right? )

I don't use the high gain channel at all becasue it is... well... brutally loud and only useful if you are into trash / speed metal. Even the solos sound as if you are on crack.

All I use for dirty sounds is the crunch channel which is really majestic and gives you many different options courtesy of the on-board EQ.

Frankly, between the DPR and the Infinite control (US / UK), the amp has so many voices and reincarnations - it is mind blowing. You can make it sound like a Fender or a Marshall, even a Vox if you tweaked the controls suitably.

It is very loud as well - even on volume 3 blows the roof of my flat off.
Quote by Sirakov
The amp has great cleans - you can actually use the bright and the warm channel for cleans. It stays clean pretty much till 3 o'clock on the gain knob.

What I noticed when I took the amp to practice is that the cleans are softer and mellower when the DPR is at 5W. Increasing the DPR has a negative effect IMO as the sounds gets raspier and not so well defined... But make no mistake - the cleans are unbelievable and every small mistake you make while playing will be very noticeable (there had to be a disadvantage, right? )

I don't use the high gain channel at all becasue it is... well... brutally loud and only useful if you are into trash / speed metal. Even the solos sound as if you are on crack.

All I use for dirty sounds is the crunch channel which is really majestic and gives you many different options courtesy of the on-board EQ.

Frankly, between the DPR and the Infinite control (US / UK), the amp has so many voices and reincarnations - it is mind blowing. You can make it sound like a Fender or a Marshall, even a Vox if you tweaked the controls suitably.

It is very loud as well - even on volume 3 blows the roof of my flat off.

well i found my next amp
I shouldn't post when drunk..

07 LTD MH400NT SD SH2/SH5
15 Jackson SLATHX-m 3-7 Slime green
Squier std tele (modded to hell)

Engl Powerball
Laney Ironheart 60h
Zilla Superfatboy 2x12 v30's

Pedals
Is it good for getting some high gain tones with tight end and thick mids? I'm into a tight tone good for palm muting, but having the mids in there.
Quote by Boogie Man
I'm looking at getting a new amp soon, and this was one that I was seriously considering. I was wondering if anyone owned/had tried one, and wether they would recommend it?
Thanks

Total Guitar and Guitarist magazine gave it 5 stars!