I think we all have them. I was going to make this thread earlier, but the facade thread just reminded me .

Anyway, I think my weirdest pronunciation is of FTW.

Instead of reading this as 'For The Win', I pronounce it as For-Teh-Woo (said quickly).

I have no idea where that came from, but I think I was trying to say it phonetically one time and it stuck.

Also, when I'm speaking or reading I sometimes say 'documentary' as 'docu-men-tairy', which sounds weird to me, rather than 'docu-mentary'.

Same problem with 'advertisement'. Sometimes I say it 'advertise-ment', and then feel like an idiot.

Anyway, let's hear and/or see yours.
Apparently my pronounciation of lampost is fairly comical. I think people say i emphasise the lam then say post as if it were 2 words.
Sometimes if I say/hear a word too often it seems to lose all meaning, but I don't think I pronounce anything weirdly...

@^ - that's probably because the 'f' and 'th' sound are subtly different. 'th' is made with the tongue between teeth, while 'f' is made with the bottom lip against teeth.
Last edited by uk.mace at Mar 24, 2009,
Innovative. Just cant get my head round that word. And no matter which way i say it, someone tells me im wrong!
Quote by Cianyx
Apparently I can't pronounce the "th" sound.

meh, me too. i pronounce it ve wrong way.
Quote by Cianyx
Apparently I can't pronounce the "th" sound.

My brother had this problem - it was something to do with his palate.

Quote by Le_Bunny
I have this weird thing where everything in my mind is clearly articulated and projected but I mumble a lot and mash up words in real life.

Something similar I do is, I'll get worked up about what I'm saying, and then swap the first letters of each word unknowingly.

It happened a few weeks back introducing myself to a guy, and I started talking and swapped the letters around (instead of Dicey Reilley's, I said Ricey Dielly's without even noticing or skipping a beat). He gave me a weird look and when he walked away all my friends started laughing and I didn't know what was going on

Quote by LegsOnEarth
Innovative. Just cant get my head round that word. And no matter which way i say it, someone tells me im wrong!

I got it.
GEAR:
Fender USA Lefty Telecaster
Custom HSS Lefty Strat
Samick Hollow-body
BOSS DS-1
BOSS SD-1
BOSS CE-4
BOSS DD-6
USA Big Muff PI
Peavey MACE 160w Head
Peavey MACE 410 Cabinet
Yamaha FG-450S-L
Eleca DAG3LN Lefty Acoustic
Quote by soulflyV
My brother had this problem - it was something to do with his palate.

Something similar I do is, I'll get worked up about what I'm saying, and then swap the first letters of each word unknowingly.

It happened a few weeks back introducing myself to a guy, and I started talking and swapped the letters around (instead of Dicey Reilley's, I said Ricey Dielly's without even noticing or skipping a beat). He gave me a weird look and when he walked away all my friends started laughing and I didn't know what was going on

I do that kinda crap when I phone people up in work, I'll work out everything I need to get across in my head

"Hello?"

"MAWMWAHMM from, sorry...Hello! This is..."
I sometimes say 'Tube' (as in youtube) with a T sound instead of the Ch sound that we all use in Australia. Youchoob just sounds funny to me. I say all other T/Ch words with the Ch sound but youtube always comes out youtube instead of youchoob...

Americans will think I'm retarded...

EDIT: I'll say Tube like Choob but not Youtube.

Last edited by Final !mpact at Mar 24, 2009,
Quote by Gakbez
I pronounce "Awesome" as "Orsm".
I also pronounce "****" as "Fork"

sounds like a shortened "orgasm"
Its about coming up and staying on top
And screamin 187 on a mother. fuckin. cop.
Its not written on the paper its on the wall.
National guard? ? !
Smoke from all around!!!!!
Quote by JackalUK
I do that kinda crap when I phone people up in work, I'll work out everything I need to get across in my head

"Hello?"

"MAWMWAHMM from, sorry...Hello! This is..."

I've been told I overpronounce, I don't know what kind of accusation that is...but apparently it's very obvious when I say things with double letters. Someone told me that when I say "feet" it's like I think there are three "e"s in the word.
Quote by metacarpi
I'd rather post a chat up line with an escape route in case it starts going wrong.

"Did it hurt when you fell from heaven?"

*girl looks unimpressed*

"Because it looks like you landed on your face."
Quote by Le_Bunny
I have this weird thing where everything in my mind is clearly articulated and projected but I mumble a lot and mash up words in real life.

you and me both

I trip over myself during speech quite a bit, it's definitely not at par with my mind's voice, I'm a notorious mumbler

edit,

and the voice in my head has an oh so subtle british accent, which I find mildly disturbing
Last.Fm

“If there was anything that depressed him more than his own cynicism, it was that quite often it still wasn't as cynical as real life.”
― Terry Pratchett

qft...

Jeremy Clarkson is a knob.
Last edited by Carswell98 at Mar 24, 2009,
Whenever i am reading a book, i will always voice in my head the characters accent. Be it posh, american, irish etc. I do this all the time. I tried reading it in my own accent but it didnt feel right.

The same can be said for different responses in the pit. If i see the location is from America/Australia or somethin i will read the reply in that accent.

Am i weird?!
Funky

Quote by thedefrockednun
you made my day

Quote by el-ECTRO
bada bing or whatever he's called. EPIC WIN.

Mighty Blades
Quote by bada-bing
Whenever i am reading a book, i will always voice in my head the characters accent. Be it posh, american, irish etc. I do this all the time. I tried reading it in my own accent but it didnt feel right.

The same can be said for different responses in the pit. If i see the location is from America/Australia or somethin i will read the reply in that accent.

Am i weird?!

Strange, I read everything in my mind's voice. The weird thing is I have two 'voices' in my mind.

One when I'm reading something, and one when I'm just thinking.
Quote by soulflyV
Strange, I read everything in my mind's voice. The weird thing is I have two 'voices' in my mind.

One when I'm reading something, and one when I'm just thinking.

Sometimes its like because if i dont read it in the right 'accent' then i re-read it!! Ahhhh im getting a head-ache just thinking about it!

Btw I read your reply in my best Australian accent...not out loud though!
Funky

Quote by thedefrockednun
you made my day

Quote by el-ECTRO

Mighty Blades
I say "Huge" like "Heowge", and I also pronounce "Jesus" as "Yebus".
and my mind's voice sounds scottish, despite the fact that I've lived in england my whole life.
??? Fund: cba to keep up with it.
will at least try when I get a jerb
੧_\\\

yours,

Alex (mcfreaki)
Last edited by mcfreaki at Mar 24, 2009,
Quote by uk.mace
No, that actually sounds pretty awesome, lol. I'm gonna start doing that...
Also:

awesome!
Funky

Quote by thedefrockednun
you made my day

Quote by el-ECTRO

Mighty Blades
Quote by uk.mace
Also:

replace freeman with stephen fry and that is pretty much what goes on in my head
Last.Fm

“If there was anything that depressed him more than his own cynicism, it was that quite often it still wasn't as cynical as real life.”
― Terry Pratchett

qft...

Quote by uk.mace
Also:

Good news everyone! You're now reading everything I say in my voice!

Quote by bada-bing

Btw I read your reply in my best Australian accent...not out loud though!

Crikey! Well that's just bonzer.
Quote by uk.mace
Ugh, I hate you. and Carswell, that's a much cooler idea! I love Stephen Fry!
And I always thought it was 'bonza'?

the sad thing is I really do hear his voice when I think to myself a lot of the time, it's pretty sad, but, he's amazing so I let it slide
Last.Fm

― Terry Pratchett

qft...

Sometimes when I'm reading my mind's voice goes into slow motion and although I'm reading at normal speed, the voice says them about 3 times slower than normal. Always quite strange.

I also mumble a lot when talking, or say things I'm thinking out loud and then have to pretend I didn't say anything.