Ok, i have a friend who has a brother that used to play bass, and he just offered me a bass amp, for $200 AUD, According to bullyhryde music it's worth $800, Should i buy it ?, i tried it when my band played a song at school for assembly. it was ok.
Worth it ?
below is the link to the Australian site.
https://www.billyhydemusic.com.au/shop/index.cfm?action=view&id=698
If you are one of the %10 of teen who doesn't follow Rap
and you follow PUNK, METAL AND HEAVY ROCK COPY AND PASTE THIS TOO YOUR SIGNATURE
well if it is worth 800AUD then buy it and sell it off again if you dont like it. Then you can put the money towards a different amp...
buy it to sell it.

it's the worst amp i've ever owned
Quote by bassmanjoe08
Dan

Don't stop being you <3

Quote by fatgoogle
I think after this relentless adding for the last 10 mins, that Dan is the coolest looking. Goddamn welsh people and my great etc etc etc etc etc granddad is welsh.
Good not great. I wouldn't buy one.

/tone snobbery.
Schecter Stiletto Studio 5
Ibanez SRX2EX1
Gallien Krueger 1001rbii
Gallien Krueger Neo 410
Youll buy it only to sell, it. Luckily i didnt make a huge loss when i sold mine and managed to buy my ashdown 600R with the money, so that worked out even.
Yamaha TRB1006
Fender MIA jazz bass
Hora Hybrid double bass
Hartke lh 500
Ev 606L
Epiphone les paul
To put it simply, I didn't shed a tear when mine broke down. Its alright, but everyone else has the right idea, buy it to sell it
$800 Dollarydoos? I have the same amp and it was $315 Canadian (with taxes). My brother also has the same amp. I have no complaints at all. Good quality amp. Buuuuyyyy it
Quote by Stingray5
$800 Dollarydoos? I have the same amp and it was $315 Canadian (with taxes). My brother also has the same amp. I have no complaints at all. Good quality amp. Buuuuyyyy it

give it a while and try out some ashdowns, hartkes, GKs and a fender bassman and you'll see just how bad the rumble is by comparison.
Quote by bassmanjoe08
Dan

Don't stop being you <3

Quote by fatgoogle
I think after this relentless adding for the last 10 mins, that Dan is the coolest looking. Goddamn welsh people and my great etc etc etc etc etc granddad is welsh.
is it the 10x2 or 1x12????my 2x10 100w is alright, plenty o' swat.....and purrrfect 4 my trebly tone
<Insert Witty Comment Here>

1981 Fender Lead I Seymour Duncan humbucker, Mesa BoogieIIIRectifer, MKIIRhodes,PRS
For $200 used its pretty decent in Australia, you WON'T find an Ashdown, Hartke, GK or Fender Bassman for that price. Use it until you can find yourself something better, but $200 is a good price.

Gibson Les Paul Traditional Satin
Fender 72' Thinline Telecaster
Fender Am Telecaster
Bad Cat HotCat 30R

Korg Pitchblack
Xotic BB Preamp
TC Flashback X4
Strymon Timeline
EHX POG 2
JHS Double Barrel
The amp itself is okay. Not good, not bad, I wouldnt recommend it.

As for that wattage, I think anything between about 35w and 200w to be someone pointless to spend money on. More wattage then youll need for practice, and itll almost never be enough for a gig or practicing with a band. So Id wait until you can afford more wattage for sure
Quote by oz_bassist
For $200 used its pretty decent in Australia, you WON'T find an Ashdown, Hartke, GK or Fender Bassman for that price. Use it until you can find yourself something better, but $200 is a good price.

i'm saying buy it and sell it for a profit and buy a good amp. If it's 800 brand new it's probably going to be worth between 400 and 500 second hand.

buy it
sell it
?????
profit
Quote by bassmanjoe08
Dan

Don't stop being you <3

Quote by fatgoogle
Last edited by skater dan0 at Mar 24, 2009,