Hey dudes. I've got a Carvin V3 and was wondering if any one else out there that has one could help me with a question I have.
When I engage the parallel loop on any channel, there is a noticeable volume increase...very noticeable. Its like you boosted the channel. When I engage the series loop it gets quieter. wtf? Kinda makes it hard to turn your loops on and off mid song. Anyone know whats up?
You can control the volume of the parallel loop. The signal gets weaker with series loops which is why people use booster pedals. It would be help if your pedals have level controls.
Quote by JELIFISH19
You can control the volume of the parallel loop. The signal gets weaker with series loops which is why people use booster pedals. It would be help if your pedals have level controls.

Yeah, thats pretty much it. Alot of (bad) pedals suck your tone, and that is very noticable in a serial loop.
Hufschmid
Blackat
Washburn USA Custom Shop
PRS
Mayones
Orange
Diezel
Engl
Yeah I'm talking about when there is nothing but a patch cable in there. No pedals or anything. I had considered the pedals might be the culprit, but it dosnt look that way. Its not just the effects in the loop that get louder, it is the power section of the amp it sounds like.
If you have a patch cable in an amp with an effects loop with a level control, it can be used as a boost. Turn the level down and it won't happen. Set the parallel loop level properly, and get a boost for the series or change the level of your effects and you should be set.