Page 1 of 2
ok, through reviews and stuff on the internet, from what people have said, i bought 2 different guitars, the first was a jackson KVx10, it sounded like crap, changed the neck pup, still sounded like crap, the second was an RG2570e, got it pups were weak, low on harmonics, not what you would expect for £600 plus, someone tell me where im going wrong
Um your amp? What type of amp do you have
Fender 72 Tele Thinline (my baby)
Gibson SG Special Faded
ESP LTD M-1000
Peavy Vk 112
Boss GT-10
Please tell me you Dont play a spider or MG, because if you do then GET A NEW FRIGGIN AMP.
Gibson SG Special Faded
ESP LTD M-1000
Peavy Vk 112
Boss GT-10
Maybe it's your playing?

Maybe it's your amp?
Quote by demoniacfashion
Is there any black people on UG?
I don't think a lot of black people play guitar anymore.

Quote by Oasis-fanatic
they all kinda went extinct after hendrix really.

Needless to say, I lol'ed.

Quote by human panda
Appart from being on UG or wanking, thats what i mostly do
could be the amp, try the RG with a different amp

edit: probly not the amp, unless you cutting out all your mids at the amp like some stupid metalhead
Last edited by God, at Mar 24, 2009,
"ok, through reviews and stuff on the internet, from what people have said, i bought 2 different guitars"
thats where your going wrong.
go play guitars find one YOU like.
ive tried it on some marshalls, a valve marshall, they both still sound like dogs flabby arse when it farts
Then it's your playing, because even before i got my GT-10, my VK sounded absolutely fine. Its your playing dude.
Gibson SG Special Faded
ESP LTD M-1000
Peavy Vk 112
Boss GT-10
yeah i did that, went to denmark street, found crap all, its gone downhill lately and there are no guitars shops near me, nearest is about an hours drive away
Quote by the agony scene
"ok, through reviews and stuff on the internet, from what people have said, i bought 2 different guitars"
thats where your going wrong.
go play guitars find one YOU like.

I agree. Does the guitar sound good to you? Does it feel good? That's all that matters, and these are all things you should determine in the store before you buy it.
When I first started, all guitars sounded awful also. If I'd blamed the guitars, and decided everything is crap today, I would have stayed awful.
lol ive been playing about 4 or 5 years so i know how to play the guitars, they both feel really gd, they just sound awful
Quote by Zappabootlicker
lol ive been playing about 4 or 5 years so i know how to play the guitars, they both feel really gd, they just sound awful

I've used $100 Epiphones that don't sound "awful". Chances are, it's just the amp.
my flat mate has the RG and plays it through a tiny 15w fender amp and he can make it sing so well yea....not the guitar

Ibanez S670FM
Ibanez Masa SX60
Roland Cube 60
CryBaby GCB 95
Ibanez GSR180 Bass

♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫
Quote by Zappabootlicker
lol no i got a peavey valveking 112

It's your amp. I had a peavey valveking for a while and I was sooo disapointed with it, not enough gain, sounded dull no matter how much I tweaked the eq, and had faaar from enough punch. I recommend a new amp, I really do. Oh and I have an Ibanez RG aswell (the rg350ex model though) and I had the same problem when playing it through the peavey 112.
ok i dont think its the amp, i could be me? i duno maybe, i play like metal, satch stuff PG stuff, things like that, and no the band recording on my page isn't from my guitar that was ages ago on a crappy squier lol
I find it complete bullsh*t that you think the 2570 sounds like ****... MY guitar sounds like ****, but it's an €80 stratocaster copy, it's supposed to be crappy....

also, why did you allegedly buy a low to mid jackson to compare it to a higher end ibanez? I smell bullshi*

and with the IBZ, if it sounds crap, it's the amp (or your playing)
Quote by Demonikk
'Practice amp' = amp you practice with? In my case, Peavey 6505+ and 4x12
I don't do things small

Except children.
Could need a setup, Or a rewiring.
Gibson 1972 SG Pro T-Top Bridge, P90 Neck
Dean DBD T ML
Jackson JS30RR EMGs 85-81
Epiphone G-400 Goth
76 Mann Les Paul Custom
Fender f-230 Accoustic
Randall RG-180 DX
Line6 Spider III HD75 Head - Behringer 412
Saving for a Marshall JCM 800.
It's the amp or your playing. I've played both of those and they were great instruments.
I have the RG2550Z (same thing with a different trem) and the pickups aren't good but I wouldn't say they're crap. They're just dull, lifeless, and not hot at all. But they are clear. I play through a GT-10. It's probably your playing or amp. I thought the RG sounded terrible until I EQ'd everything properly. I also learned that I was a sloppy player. The pickups are pretty weak but they do not cover your mistakes at all.
Quote by Zappabootlicker
ive tried it on some marshalls, a valve marshall, they both still sound like dogs flabby arse when it farts

good lord
Quote by hell_monkey
Lmao pantera? you'd think obama listened to some tupac or something
Perhaps your expectations of what the guitars should sound like are a little unrealistic?
Jackson DK2M
Washburn WD-18SW
Ibanez RGR421EXFM
Genz Benz El Diablo 100w -> Framus Dragon 412
Boss GE-7
Ibanez TS-9
We need a recording of some sort...
Quote by SonOfSanguinus
I believe in the "personal opinion" school of thought, I doubt you've heard of it. Now, go waste your time on something that doesn't annoy me

---

Female guitarist
You want to check my profile. Do it.

Flickr
Go back to sq 1. Flaten everything. Including your guitar tone controls. Set your guitar volume to 6 or 7 and boost from there. If you've got pedals take those out too. Start adjusting 1 thing at a time. Go to the settings thread and see if you can make anything happen with those. And please make sure the guitar is in tune.
Dean Icon PZ
Line 6 Variax 700
Dean V-Wing
Dean ML 79 SilverBurst
MXR M 108
H2O Chorus/Echo
Valve Junior (V3 Head/Cab and Combo)
VHT Special 6
Phonic 620 Power Pod PA
Wampler Super Plextortion
Line 6 Pod HD
Quote by revtfunk
I disagree with this statement entirely.

If the fundamental sound of the instrument is bad, no amp is gonna fix it.

maybe if you're playing clean. But when you're modifying the signal so much, what counts is the things doing the processing and amplifying i.e. the amps and effects.

if you look at it this way. where is the actual sound coming from?

it's not the guitar. all that's doing is generating an electrical current. the effects and the amp have a much bigger impact on the final sound.
Rhythm in Jump. Dancing Close to You.

Quote by element4433
Yeah. people, like Lemoninfluence, are hypocrites and should have all their opinions invalidated from here on out.
Quote by Lemoninfluence
maybe if you're playing clean. But when you're modifying the signal so much, what counts is the things doing the processing and amplifying i.e. the amps and effects.

if you look at it this way. where is the actual sound coming from?

it's not the guitar. all that's doing is generating an electrical current. the effects and the amp have a much bigger impact on the final sound.

...then you probably don't need a very good guitar.
ok i think the whole reason is because i may have gotten a 'show' version of the guitar, to me it looks like it has been around for a while, the finish just rubs off, and ive had a few modifications added to it and it still sounds terrible, all crackly and seems and though it hasnt been earthed properly, so ima get it sompletely rewired and see how that works out, i got new pups installed as well, that didnt seem to make it any beter, infact made it worse, made it sound all tinny, then when that was fixed it decided to give off aloada feedback and static, its not my EQ or my amp, not my playing either :P lol i can get it to sound ok if im doing like single note things such as simple solos, legato movements etc etc, but chords are like, well to me it sounds like im playing a piece of wire over a magnet, like pro basic guitar form, ok now im rambling but yeh ill get it completely rewired and see what its like then, if it sucks still, gonna take it apart and sell the parts! WOOP!
Quote by revtfunk
...then you probably don't need a very good guitar.

Actually you don't need a good guitar if you play with a lot of distortion, only a guitar that is playable and hold's tune good.
Quote by Zappabootlicker
ok i think the whole reason is because i may have gotten a 'show' version of the guitar, to me it looks like it has been around for a while, the finish just rubs off, and ive had a few modifications added to it and it still sounds terrible, all crackly and seems and though it hasnt been earthed properly, so ima get it sompletely rewired and see how that works out, i got new pups installed as well, that didnt seem to make it any beter, infact made it worse, made it sound all tinny, then when that was fixed it decided to give off aloada feedback and static, its not my EQ or my amp, not my playing either :P lol i can get it to sound ok if im doing like single note things such as simple solos, legato movements etc etc, but chords are like, well to me it sounds like im playing a piece of wire over a magnet, like pro basic guitar form, ok now im rambling but yeh ill get it completely rewired and see what its like then, if it sucks still, gonna take it apart and sell the parts! WOOP!

Learn how to spell man, but it is your amp. But from what I heard valveking amp's sound flimsy.
Page 1 of 2