Hi guys. I figured I'd post my **** here as I haven't yet. This got to (and still is at the time of writing this post) number 1 in the soundclick.com metal charts, which I'm really pleased about!

I've been working on this EP for a little while now, just getting better at mixing/production before deciding on any definitive tracks, but this one will definitely make it I think.

I'm still searching for a permanent vocalist though, so please listen with vocals in mind, as it's not meant to be an instrumental!

http://artists.ultimate-guitar.com/darkadian/music/all/play576944

Thanks for looking!

- Matt
^ +1. Sounds like a meshuggah/faceless groove-thang. Sounds very well produced. I Got to record in a multi-million dollar studio, and because our producer sucked (wouldnt let me do my metal stuff, wanted me to be green day ) it sounded pretty bad. It was free, so who cares right? But back to your stuff, i thought it was great. How did you do the drums.
Hi guys, thanks for checking it out!

Bloodwire2004 - I use Logic 5.1 (that's right, old school! back when it was available on PC!) as my DAW. For guitars I use a line6 Podxt Pro as a pre-amp, and use impulse responses for the power amp/cab section of the signal chain. In this instance it's a Diamondplate (based on the Mesa triple rec) on the right, and a Criminal (based on Peavey 5150) on the left, both going through a Mesa 4x12 with V30 speakers.

Bass is DI, with IK Multimedia Ampeg VST plug-in (best bass-amp sim EVAR!).

tracerbeast - Drums are made using a step sequencer called Acoustica Beatcraft. The samples are ones I've collected from the net and from friends etc, all real hits, which I've then processed and sequenced.

I know what you mean about the studio thing. When I was 18 I went into the studio with my first ever band. It cost us a fortune, and what I can create now at home sounds 10 times better than that piece of arse! It was really poorly captured, poorly mixed, poorly produced all around, and this guy had thousands and thousands of ££££'s worth of equipment too.

As they say - "don't blame the tools"... Home recording is getting better and better. It's amazing what you can do these days with a few hundred £!
Sounds like a top notch stdio recording.Hard to believe you did this a home.But like you said, it is amasing what you can do with the technology nowadays.Very solid playing.I am having monumental problems with my recording gear right now.Lol.

Not to sure what I think of the ending.This song could go on for a few extended minutes.

Check my stuff out in my profile
Quote by lol2theworld
I was about to diss kornflipsk8er, but then i realized hes an 03er and im an 09er.
I am inferior to him.

Quote by metalh3ad88
I am fairly certain that kornflipsk8er is GOD!!!11!!!!1!!
Last edited by kornflipsk8er at Mar 25, 2009,
Good stuff my man. I think the guitar sound is a little dry but that can be easily remedied.

Yeah the ending's odd, but it's supposed to be. It's an odd cycle of time signatures so it's meant to be all hypnotic and trippy, and dark and atmospheric etc. I'm not entirely sure what would happen with vocals on that part but I'm sure whoever I find can conjure something up!
Quote by Mattayus
Good stuff my man. I think the guitar sound is a little dry but that can be easily remedied.

Yeah the ending's odd, but it's supposed to be. It's an odd cycle of time signatures so it's meant to be all hypnotic and trippy, and dark and atmospheric etc. I'm not entirely sure what would happen with vocals on that part but I'm sure whoever I find can conjure something up!

Good luck with that!

I commented on your profile as well, but this is way more direct; Killer riffs in there, and the vocals would really give it that much more. Good job!
Sounds awesome man. I really like from 2:00 on, and the first part will be just as good with vocals. I cant really think of anything to crit about it, I geuss agree with the guy who said you could maybe fatten up some of the parts of the mix and the guitar tone could be a little better but as you said thats easily fixed. Again awesome job all around.
Last edited by Motoxpro at Mar 26, 2009,