Does it matter what kind of 2Gb Type I Compact Flash card i get for the Digitech JamMan or are they all the same? I notice the price ranges are pretty low on these and i wanted to get the card before my pedal comes in the mail. Anyone have experience with this?
It comes with an SD card pre-installed. There's enough room for over 6 hours of CD quality audio. If you need extra storage, you can just usb to your computer. The Jamman shows up as a storage device. Each of the 99 save slots shows up as it's own unique folder. In those folders are that save slots loop .wav file. Just drag them off... or drag loops on.
Last edited by 667 at Mar 24, 2009,
No true 667. It is upgradable to 2gig with an optional compact flash card. I don't think it matters what kind you get. They do come in different speeds. I would get the fastest speed as long as you're not paying a big price premium. I don't know if it can take advantage of the speed capbility of the CF or not.
Quote by fly135
No true 667. It is upgradable to 2gig with an optional compact flash card. I don't think it matters what kind you get. They do come in different speeds. I would get the fastest speed as long as you're not paying a big price premium. I don't know if it can take advantage of the speed capbility of the CF or not.

Ah... My bad.. It comes with a card that stores up to 3 hours.
I pulled the stock card out of my Jammman for you to reference,
here it is....

Seems like mine came with 64MB. The are probably upping the stock size because the small ones are getting harder to find and the big ones are getting cheaper. We build embedded video compression hardware, and we are putting in bigger CF cards than we need simply because it's cheaper.

Edit: Just checked and the manual claims 128MB.
Last edited by fly135 at Mar 24, 2009,
Quote by fly135
Seems like mine came with 64MB. The are probably upping the stock size because the small ones are getting harder to find and the big ones are getting cheaper. We build embedded video compression hardware, and we are putting in bigger CF cards than we need simply because it's cheaper.

Edit: Just checked and the manual claims 128MB.

Unforutunately it seems that this pedal model will end up obsolete when the flash cards themselves become obsolete at some point. at least they're not using floppies.

Thanks for the pic by the way, that helps out a lot!
Last edited by CudOfCow at Mar 24, 2009,