I have a Epiphone Les Paul 56 Goldtop, it has a P90 in the neck and a P90 in the bridge. Don't get me wrong I love the sound of the P90 but i am looking for something with more bite and has a humbucker sound for the bridge pickup. I was looking at Burstbuckers or possibly the dirty fingers both from Gibson. How would a go about routing the space for the humbucker. Has anybody ever done this???
Thanks

Also don't think im a beginner guitarist because i have a Epi, I love it and would never trade it for anything.
I always recommend getting it done at a local music store, dude.
That way if something goes wrong, youre not accountable.
Plus, theyre trained to do it.

I put Burtsbuckers in an Epi LP Ultra and they sound amazing, so if youre going for more tonal variety rather than just high gain and distortion, I do with them over the Dirty Fingers

But its your choice, you know the tone you want
Dirty Fingers don't have anywhere near a clean tone, so you'll be screwed if you need to clean it up a little.
Quote by demoniacfashion
Is there any black people on UG?
I don't think a lot of black people play guitar anymore.

Quote by Oasis-fanatic
they all kinda went extinct after hendrix really.

Needless to say, I lol'ed.

Quote by human panda
Appart from being on UG or wanking, thats what i mostly do
hmm, i played a dirty fingers in a Epi prochecy SG ,and they arent that bad! i kinda like them alot, they sounded god through the amp.

i'd suggest getting them, ive never tried to burstbucker or p90

for the pickups, i assume the p90 is single coil? then you would just take a router and increase the size of the hole, and then do all the wireing needed
Just call me Julius, J, etc.
Taking an Internet break for a while, will come on when I can.
You'd need to refinish the guitar regardless.
P90's are thinner than humbuckers, but they're taller too. Anyway you slice it you'll have wood to fill and paint. If you do go through with it I'd go Burstbucker. But the regular ones. Not the the Burstbucker Pro.
Maybe look into P90 sized humbuckers. Dimarzio makes a Tone zone that will fit. Its awesome.
Dimarzio makes P-90 sized HB's, there you go.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
Quote by inkandlead
You'd need to refinish the guitar regardless.
P90's are thinner than humbuckers, but they're taller too. Anyway you slice it you'll have wood to fill and paint. If you do go through with it I'd go Burstbucker. But the regular ones. Not the the Burstbucker Pro.
Maybe look into P90 sized humbuckers. Dimarzio makes a Tone zone that will fit. Its awesome.

i could see useing wood fill but why would i have to repaint it???
Depends on what shows really. If can all be covered by a pickup ring then might not be an issue.