How good are the Chinese knock off gibsons? I found an es 335 knock off for sale close to my house for really cheap.
Epiphone Les Paul Custom
Fender Ash Lite Stratocaster
Ibanez ac70 acoustic
Ovation Celebrity
Fender Blues Jr
planet waves tuner-ts9dx tubescreamer-metal muff-boss ce-5-delta labs dd1 delay
They are rubbish.
Hufschmid
Blackat
Washburn USA Custom Shop
PRS
Mayones
Orange
Diezel
Engl
What's so bad about them? Wood, bad necks, bad pickups?
Epiphone Les Paul Custom
Ibanez ac70 acoustic
Ovation Celebrity
Fender Blues Jr
For that money, you can buy a non-knockoff decent guitars second hand that are quality-wise ....ty times better than the chinese knockoffs.
On top of that, you are helping criminal business on the second hand market (because that guitar will once be for sale second hand) and helping these factories that produce counterfeit guitars by buying one .
So dont be a jerk, and buy a proper guitar.
Hufschmid
Blackat
Washburn USA Custom Shop
PRS
Mayones
Orange
Diezel
Engl
Last edited by LP_CL at Mar 24, 2009,
Haha calm down guys I pour tons of money into my local guitar store. I just saw this one on craigslist for $50 and I thought if I could get an es335 for $50 and the price of new pups the why not
Epiphone Les Paul Custom
Ibanez ac70 acoustic
Ovation Celebrity
Fender Blues Jr
Just get an Agile. Better than any Epiphone, China knockoff, or even some Gibsons that I ever played.
Schecter Stiletto Studio 5
Ibanez SRX2EX1
Gallien Krueger 1001rbii
Gallien Krueger Neo 410
Quote by ccatrackstar
why not

For the reasons I stated above. It's something you just dont do. It's like you should not invest in bussinesses that produces weapons of mass destruction.
Couterfeit guitars and the factories that make them are illegal and cause alot of misery with uninformed young guitarists. You do not want to support something illegal that makes alot of people sad dont you?
Hufschmid
Blackat
Washburn USA Custom Shop
PRS
Mayones
Orange
Diezel
Engl
Last edited by LP_CL at Mar 24, 2009,
Quote by Cody_Grey102
Just get an Agile. Better than any Epiphone, China knockoff, or even some Gibsons that I ever played.

+1
All knock-offs vary in different quality, considering it's only $50 I would try it out and if I liked it, sanded the fake logo off the headstock.

If this thread said "should I buy an es 335 copy for $50" People wouldn't have jumped on the "fake" bandwagon, but just because it's a fake Gibson people complain. Try it, if you like it, get it.
If It looks like a Gibson & sounds good, be happy with it. Never mind these fusspots.
Jeez. I Have a bloody Harley Benton SG & it does well. And It was like 60 quid I think..

OmNomNom!

Yhbbz
You might get a decent guitar but most likely it will be junk. Its hard enough to get get a decent epi for 500$ think of the lack of effort put into a 200$ or less gibson copy. A chinese knock off wont be expensive mahogany it will be the cheapest wood they can find if not just made of scraps, plywood or even sawdust. The hardware will garbage. The frets will be made of pot metal and wear out fast, 200$ repair. The chinese are known to put single coils in the metal humbucker covers. Buy at your own risk.