So i want to do a techno remix of a song Big Love Fleetwood Mac for my dad (yeah he is 55 & he likes techno, but also likes Opeth and Floyd so w/e).

How do i go about reducing the volume of the instruments in particular the drums so i can add in a BOOM BOOM BOOM beat.
Last edited by Col.Kurtz at Mar 24, 2009,
You would almost need the raw tracks. If it's just a lump file of music, then I'm pretty sure the only way is to go to the recording studio where the band recorded the album, and ask Mr. Producer man to give you a mix down of the instruments you want.
You can't unless you have access to the individual instrument audio tracks. Even something like drums cover a huge frequency range so you can't just EQ them out.

SH
I have a similar question. I know how to remove vocals with audacity by flipping one channel. Does that make it possible to extract the vocals? I removed the vocals from a song, then copied the original and flipped that, hopefully canceling out the difference, but it didn't work. Is it possible?
I think it can be done. Seems to be the only way rappers could sample. I think you can do it wit Acid Pro.
Quote by Slow_N_Low
I think it can be done. Seems to be the only way rappers could sample. I think you can do it wit Acid Pro.

Nope, they will have access to the original tracks or they will just be using samples, not the same as extracting a complete vocal track.

SH