View poll results: Mastodon's "Crack The Skye"
Love It!
54 86%
Mutual!
6 10%
Hate It!
3 5%
Voters: 63.
****ing amazing. some incredible musicianship on this album. i've been waiting for this for quite a while
Epi Les Paul Standard (vintage sunburst with SD pearly gates pickup in the bridge and SD Alnico II Pro in the neck)
Marshall JCM 2000 DSL 50
Avatar 2x12 (vintage 30 and marshall heritage speakers)
Crybaby 535Q
Boss CE-5
Boss GE-7
Boss TU-2
I love it. The music video for Divinations is great too. Mastodon has been everywhere the past couple weeks...Guitar World, Revolver, Headbanger's Ball.
Its on a par to Blood Mountain with me atm but could easily grow on me even more. I love Oblivion. Such a great song.
Yeah, Oblivion is an awesome track. Just listened to it. Really good. I realised that the vocals is better this time too. Better than Blood Mountain at least. I have yet to finish listening to this album. But it's definitely not a drop in standards.
Gotta love the poll results

Quote by hazzmatazz
youmakemesmile...

Quote by sebastian_96
Today I stole a girls tampons for being such an annoying bitch.

MUFC

My love for you
Is like a truck
Berserker.
Take you to the mastodon thread?
The will be heartache,
there will be rain,
and joy I can't explain.
Quote by Magero
Take.
It.
To.
The.
Mastodon.
Thread.

corrected, and +1
Quote by Demonikk
'Practice amp' = amp you practice with? In my case, Peavey 6505+ and 4x12
I don't do things small

Except children.
it is killer. i went to see them at the record store that is like a block away from my house last night. they did the first four songs and it was sick
on the brink of extinction.
Just bought it off iTunes, just a matter of waiting now
I want to work in revelations, not just spin silly tales for money.I want to fish as deep down as possible into my own subconscious in the belief that once that far down, everyone will understand because they are the same that far down.
divinations is the most amazing opening song ive heard in a long while, this album knocks it out of the park, and this band is amaaaaazing!
Quote by Diet_coke_head
Hey! Now you can molest you're grandma and she won't remember! Score!!!

Gear:
Fender Aerodyne Jazz Bass
Fender V Jazz
Ashdown MAG 410
EH Bass Big MUff
MXR Bass Octave Deluxe
Digitech Synth Wah
the czar is like the only song i can sit through for 10 minutes and not get bored of. last baron has the same affect
The chorus to Divinations gets to me every time I hear it. Listened to the album three times through now, still loving it. And it's only my second Mastodon record. I like these guys.
Quote by rancidryan
Do they come with heroin because I heard thats the only reason Dave Mustaine used them

"The power of the riff compels me"
Bury Me In Smoke
oblivion, the czar and ghost of karelia for me
So very fcking good. Loving Czar.
I want to work in revelations, not just spin silly tales for money.I want to fish as deep down as possible into my own subconscious in the belief that once that far down, everyone will understand because they are the same that far down.
One of 2009's biggest disappointments, and easily Mastodon's weakest release to date.
Still a couple of good songs on the album, not a painful listen overall.

Also, bigass Mastodon thread in the metal forum.
Dyer's Eve is awesome, and has an abnormally large penis, which doesn't act as any hinderance to his everyday life despite its freakishly large size.
For unrivaled obedience, user King_ofKumbucha is awarded this spot of honor.
Quote by dead-fish
One of 2009's biggest disappointments, and easily Mastodon's weakest release to date.
Still a couple of good songs on the album, not a painful listen overall.

Also, bigass Mastodon thread in the metal forum.

Quiet you
But I wanna be different
Dyer's Eve is awesome, and has an abnormally large penis, which doesn't act as any hinderance to his everyday life despite its freakishly large size.
For unrivaled obedience, user King_ofKumbucha is awarded this spot of honor.