this is a serious question though.

what would be the best way to absorb someones guitar style to add it to your own personal one
I would think:

A) You first like their music
B) You copy them
C) You end up incorporating their style in your own when you pull one of their licks out of your storage...
Copy, analyze, practice, repeat.
If you play guitar, please don't waste your time in The Pit, and please instead educate yourself in the Musician Talk forum, where you can be missing out on valuable info.
Quote by DiminishedFifth
It's like you read my mind!

I got meself a self-approving sig. Kick. Ass.
What silverdark said - with the addition of finding out who their influences were and doing the same to them too
Try learning their techniques and playing styles
~Vince~
Fender MIM Telecaster ('06) [Modded]
PRS S2 Custom 24 ('13) [Modded]
Squier Affinity Fat Strat [Modded]
Yamaha F310

Mesa/Boogie Lonestar 1x12 Combo
Mesa/Boogie Mark V:25

SD Vapor Trail
Xotic SL Drive
Xotic BB Preamp
Boss BD-2
Boss DS-1 [MonteAllums]
MXR 10-Band EQ
Listening and analysis of all of their music you can get hold of.

I'd say you're better off trying to transcribe by ear though; that way you not only train your ear but end up with something like their style, just with a slight twist on it where you get things wrong but they still sound good.
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
Really listen to what they're playing. I also find a great way is to actually learn some of their songs. Transcribing by ear is probably the best way. However it is extremely hard and time consuming for a beginner (especially if you're learning solos) so you might want to leave that until you have a better ear.
New To Town With A Made Up Name

In The Angel's City

Chasing Fortune And Fame
09/03/2012
Transcribe their stuff by ear, and not only analyze the theory, but also analyze the personal inflections they add and also how they structure a song/solo.