I searchbared this and got nothing.

Im going to a party this weekend and its a bring your own booze thingy. The only way i can get to the party is walking and so was wondering what is the UK law on under 18s having possession of alcohol. Im not going to drink it in public but will i get in as much trouble with the police if im carrying it?

Google only came up with laws about actually drinking the alcohol in public, before some smartarse replies with "Google".
Quote by Skrewdriver
I took a shit out my grandma's back garden and blamed it on the dog....

Quote by DieGarbageMan
Epic win for benjo48
Police will just confiscate it and send a letter to your parents. Keep it in an opaque bag.
Yeah I think so. Police once made me show them what was inside of a bottle of energy drink i was carrying on the way to a carnival once (It was an energy drink, I don't drink alcohol.)
wen i ask they say that they fall into the habit smhw ........but nyways i think there is a connection smwhere. Now i being a teetollar will not give into this habit nyhw

FOR JUST £2 A WEEK, YOU CAN PREVENT THIS.
Let me carry it for you.
<<_<<
>>_>>
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
You should be careful what you say. Some asshole will probably sig it.

Quote by Axelfox
Yup, a girl went up to me in my fursuit one time.

Quote by Xiaoxi
I can fap to this. Keep going.
Is the thread title a Jay and Silent Bob reference?
Jackson KVX10
Epiphone EB-3

Bugera 6260
Laney Supergroup Mk 1
Marshall VS100RH
Laney LX412A

Bad Monkey
Crybaby
Metal Muff
Fish N Chips
Try branging it in like a christian backpack or something. You know, those faggy white backpacks with a big cross on them. That way the cops won't check you, unless they're filthy heathens.
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
Quote by Kensai
Try branging it in like a christian backpack or something. You know, those faggy white backpacks with a big cross on them. That way the cops won't check you, unless they're filthy heathens.

haha YES!
i have fit 2 thirtys in a northface bag. just backpack it
Quote by SkyValley
Girls have boobs. I like boobs.

Epiphone Les Paul Silverburst Custom Edition
just don't be an idiot and carry it in a plastic carrier bag!
My "Rig":

Fender American Telecaster
Boss OD-2
EHX Small Clone
EHX SMM avec HAZARAI
It's rather unlikely that you're going to get caught drinking beer at a party.

The way it works in the US seems to be that if the cops bust a party, they just send everybody home besides the host. (I have seen cops throw away beer, tabs, and weed and just tell everybody to get out.)

I'd imagine that the UK has similar procedure considering that you guys actually practice harm reduction a lot more than we do.

It probably is illegal, but police discretion will save your ass on this one.
Quote by Kensai

So every Ug'er now has to use the word brang? Nice
Right.
I learnt this on Qi.

You are allowed, from 5, to be in possession of alcohol. However, if the police can proove that you have been drinking it in a public place, or that somebody like a stranger, has brought it for you, and given it to you to drink, it can be confiscated.

However, all the community police officers and police around here always try to confiscate alcohol that they see people carrying, but if you fight your rights out, they'll leave you alone. They just pick on people who don't know the law.

Trust me it works, I've done it.

However, if you don't feel like full on confrontation with the police, I agree with the Christian backpack idea
i believe the police have to have good reason to search you, so if you keep it out of sight in a bag or something and dont break any laws while you're walking there you'll be fine.
aahh f**k it...
Quote by benjo48
I searchbared this and got nothing.

Im going to a party this weekend and its a bring your own booze thingy. The only way i can get to the party is walking and so was wondering what is the UK law on under 18s having possession of alcohol. Im not going to drink it in public but will i get in as much trouble with the police if im carrying it?

Google only came up with laws about actually drinking the alcohol in public, before some smartarse replies with "Google".

The WORST that will happen is that they take the beer of you.

Put it in a bag.
Well if you've just bought it, you HAVE to be in public area, what are you supposed to do, teleport home? I can't see how they'd get you for possession if you had it packed away somewhere.
Jackson KVX10
Epiphone EB-3

Bugera 6260
Laney Supergroup Mk 1
Marshall VS100RH
Laney LX412A

Bad Monkey
Crybaby
Metal Muff
Fish N Chips
get a taxi
Guitars :
Fender American Stratocaster
Jackson RR3
Ibanez S470
Epiphone Les Paul
Either get a taxi, or carry it in a bag they can't see through. I don't think they're allowed open up bags unless they've a valid reason for doing so.
Ego inflating praise here:
Quote by Fishyesque
That is SOOOOOOOOOOO sig worthy! Pure awesomeness to you, sir.

C wut I did thar Fishy?

's UG
Quote by Glimsom
Is the thread title a Jay and Silent Bob reference?

You know it!
Quote by Skrewdriver
I took a shit out my grandma's back garden and blamed it on the dog....

Quote by DieGarbageMan
Epic win for benjo48
"Why should we subsidise intellectual curiosity?"
-Ronald Reagan

"Knowledge is in every country the surest basis of public happiness."
-George Washington
Rollin' Fatties, Smoking Blunts.

Who smokes the Blunts?

We smoke the blunts.

Rolling blunts and smoking blu...
Quote by Tarzan_man
Rollin' Fatties, Smoking Blunts.

Who smokes the Blunts?

We smoke the blunts.

Rolling blunts and smoking blu...

A cigar wrapper is a terrible thing to do to decent weed.
where are the feasts we were promised?
Look semi respectable and brang it all in a rucksack.
Quote by DrewsGotTheLife
yea man, who ever doesnt like pantera or think they suck doesnt like metal, end of discussion, they changed the freakin world n made history, so don't be sayin they suck, have respect, same goes for machine head n lamb of god cuz their good too
I've gone very long distances with alcohol in a backpack.
But I've also carried booze around freely and I've had noone stop me.
How often do you even come across patrolling policemen in the UK!?
Quote by Punk_Ninja
I've gone very long distances with alcohol in a backpack.
But I've also carried booze around freely and I've had noone stop me.
How often do you even come across patrolling policemen in the UK!?

On Friday and Saturday nights in town/city centres you're pretty much guaranteed to see at least two.
Looking to buy a Fender Jagstang, u sellin?
i'd suggest liquor so you need a lot less. Either tape it to you chest or in a heavy coat or carry a backpack. easy
Quote by Sir-Shoelace
manliest string guage? barbed wire.

Founder Of the UG Slide Player's Guild, PM me If You're Really Feelin' Dem Blues

THE PIT
"better than your average psychiatrist"
Quote by Cal UK
On Friday and Saturday nights in town/city centres you're pretty much guaranteed to see at least two.

Yeah but if you're illegally drinking, like the TS must be doing to fear the police in such an occasion, you aren't going to be in a town centre
Quote by Glimsom
Well if you've just bought it, you HAVE to be in public area, what are you supposed to do, teleport home? I can't see how they'd get you for possession if you had it packed away somewhere.

Well if you've just brought it, that means you are 18, and allowed to carry alcohol around with you.