I'm searching for a tube amp which would be able to do band practice or small pub gigs unmiced. From hours of reading UG it seems a 30watt tube amp would do it with flying colors, but I'm also interested in 15 watt tube amps just because if I ever wanted to play at home...

My budget is 400£/450EUR/??? dollars. The amps I've been looking at are Laney VC30 and VC15. I think VC15 would be perfect but it has a 10 inch speaker and I've heard it lacks the lower end and thus would not be suitable for a gig. Is that correct?

I play rock/hard rock and sometimes a little metal, but I'm not looking for a metal amp. I'm willing to buy a combo or head+cab. I'm buying new and I can order from UK or Germany, for example. I'm open to any suggestions!
The difference between a 30w and a 15w for home use is negligible. I can't turn my new 15w amp any higher than I could turn my 50w amp when I had one. Go for the VC30.
Telecaster - SG - Jaguar
Princeton Reverb, Extra Reverb
P-Bass - Mustang Bass
Apogee Duet 2 - Ableton Suite
Quote by skeleb
I'm searching for a tube amp which would be able to do band practice or small pub gigs unmiced. From hours of reading UG it seems a 30watt tube amp would do it with flying colors, but I'm also interested in 15 watt tube amps just because if I ever wanted to play at home...

My budget is 400£/450EUR/??? dollars. The amps I've been looking at are Laney VC30 and VC15. I think VC15 would be perfect but it has a 10 inch speaker and I've heard it lacks the lower end and thus would not be suitable for a gig. Is that correct?

I play rock/hard rock and sometimes a little metal, but I'm not looking for a metal amp. I'm willing to buy a combo or head+cab. I'm buying new and I can order from UK or Germany, for example. I'm open to any suggestions!

this is the bandwagon talking. dont limit yourself because of wattage. honestly, having lower wattage wont make it easier to practice in your house. i practice with my xxx sometimes, and it is 120w. there is volume control for a reason. that being said, i would go for the vc30, which will give you more headroom.
Ibanez XPT707 Xiphos
Schecter C-7 Loomis FR

Mesa Boogie Mark III blue dot Coliseum

Mesa Traditional 4x12 v30's x EVM 12l's

THE SEVEN STRING LEGION