Poll: OG Peaveys or Bugera Copies
Poll Options
View poll results: OG Peaveys or Bugera Copies
OG Peavey
29 94%
Bugera copies
2 6%
Voters: 31.
my poll basically is asking, which one of these is better? and not better for the money
Ibanez XPT707 Xiphos
Schecter C-7 Loomis FR

Mesa Boogie Mark III blue dot Coliseum

Mesa Traditional 4x12 v30's x EVM 12l's

THE SEVEN STRING LEGION
Better in what way?
Epi Les Paul-APH1/Mean 90
MIM Strat

Korg DTR1000
ADA MP-1
Mesa/Boogie Quad Pre
Mesa/Boogie Midi Matrix
<power amp>

Quote by rhcp_freak
If you're EQ'd loose, you'll sound loose anyway.
Quote by occub
Better in what way?

tonewise mainly
Ibanez XPT707 Xiphos
Schecter C-7 Loomis FR

THE SEVEN STRING LEGION
i'm sure a bugera 333xl is better than a peavey bandit, but without models and amps it's really hard to differentiate. i really like the peavey classic 50 and XXX, but not the 5150. i also like the bugera 333xl but the 6262 just wasn't for me.

to end the rant on a note that you're looking for, i like the peaveys better, because they're readily available used and are pretty much built like a rock.
i obviously meant xxx/jsx vs 333/333xl and 6505/6505+ vs 6260/6262
you know the ones that are the same LOL
Ibanez XPT707 Xiphos
Schecter C-7 Loomis FR

THE SEVEN STRING LEGION
Quote by Random3
Depends on the model. Its like saying which is better, Ibanez or ESP. The high end products of one will be better than the low end products of the other, and vice verca.

He's talking about the Bugeras and their original counterparts. 6505 = 6260, 6505+ = 6262, Triple XXX = 333 and the JSX = 333XL. Soundwise, I think they're equal. Too bad most Bugeras aren't put together that well.
Quote by lizarday
oh yeah? well larry king the slayer guitarist owns bc rich guitars. (i think)
ooooooh okey dokey. in that case, i'd go with the peavey because i'm deathly afraid of having my new $700 amp blow up.
I recently bought a Bugera 6262, and I can say that i'm VERY pleased with it. And if it does break down I can just send it back and get another one, I bought it from www.thomann.de
just a few minor things to do to the Bugeras and they are a very reliable amp. like cut off the plastic clips and solder all wires to the PCB, bias the amp correctly, change out the cheap plastic pots with some good metal ones and mount them to the chassis. doing that to my 6262 head within the next month or so
Gear:
Mesa MK IV head
Mesa 4x12 cab(3)
Marshall JCM900 2100 SL-X
BBE 482i
ESP eclispe II
B52 At-100 head
MXR and Boss pedals
Sparow guitars
Peavey 5150 II modded
JJ electronic tubes

BUGERA USERS MILITIA
Peavey. They don't leave the facility without a good check, even the chinese made ones including the Vypyrs.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
I was in the market for a Bugera 6260 for a while, played it, really enjoyed it. Then i found a used 5150 on craigslist for $500, played it, got it for $400 and brought it home. In my opinion, the 5150 sounds much nicer than the bugera, and if you get lucky, u can find a used peavey cheaper than the bugera is new.

EDIT: To TS, how do you like your Wing C tubes?
Last edited by a_hub10 at Mar 24, 2009,
My 5150II ran up to a 6262 and 333xl destroyed them, except for the clean. I only played the 6262 for a bit but played the 333xl for a while.
Quote by LuthierofTexas
You have no experience with racks??? What kind of guy are you?
i have played a peavey JSX and a bugera 333xl side by side both of them are on mesa cabs with v30's.
the Peavey blows its clone in tonewise and quality.

PEAVEY FTM'FW!!!
PSN USERNAME: MetuulGuitarist7
STEAM:MetuulGuitarist7
Origin:MetuulGuitarist7
feel free to add me
Quote by a_hub10
I was in the market for a Bugera 6260 for a while, played it, really enjoyed it. Then i found a used 5150 on craigslist for $500, played it, got it for $400 and brought it home. In my opinion, the 5150 sounds much nicer than the bugera, and if you get lucky, u can find a used peavey cheaper than the bugera is new.

EDIT: To TS, how do you like your Wing C tubes?

they are excellent, probably some of the best tubes you can get
and of course i am on the peavey side. my xxx RAPED the 333 side by side
Ibanez XPT707 Xiphos
Schecter C-7 Loomis FR

THE SEVEN STRING LEGION
I voted Bugera but I meant Peavey.
Founder of the EHX Users Guild
My Photography

Quote by Kyle-Rehm
Please don't tell me I'm the only one that clicked this thread thinking I would learn how to make my guitar sound like a grizzly bear.
They are two different amps...so you can't really compare them. Imo, they sound nothing alike (the 333 and JSX and the 6260 and 5150) and so that is that.