Hello all.

Ive been looking for my new amp and after much browsing websites and this forum i have narrowed my options down to the bugera 6260-212 and the randall RG50tc.
my question is has the bugera got too much power to perform at lower volumes for jamming? and if so is there any way to get the same performace out of it at lower volumes? also maybe a stupid question but is the randalls 50watts enought to compete with a crazy monkey like drummer?

thanks geoff.
you could buy an attenuattor which limits the volume but allows you to boost the signal
Main Rigs
Guitars
Thineline tele with SD lil '59

Ibanez Artcore AM-73

Line 6 Variax 500

Effects

Line 6 X3 live
Digitech RP-500
Ibanez Weeping Demon

Amps
Roland JC-120
Rocktron VT-60
hmm

i was wanting a peavey windsor and thought the half stack would be too much

so now i see you guys are talking about attenuators whats a good one?
Gear:
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Blackstar HT-5 Head
Homemade 1x12 from a combo cab with an Eminence PJ
Quote by ikey_
perhaps i have a superb epiphone. the japanese man must have gotten laid and won the lottery right before he made my guitar. whatever.
50 watts is plenty to keep up with a drummer.
Suhr Custom, Flaxwood Rautia or Grosh Tele thru
HBE Medicine Bawl Wah
Analogman BiComp
Texas Two Step OD
Fulltone Ultimate Octave/Fuzz
Boss CE-2
TC Nova Delay
SLO-100, 65 London or Bogner Shiva
Ask me about any of this stuff!
It has a master volume. Use it.
MARSHALL JVM 210H
PEAVEY JSX
KRANK 412
MESA 412
FENDER STRATS
DIMARZIO
CELESTION
Quote by Van Noord

^ this. the only thing i would be concerned about is having to lift frikkin 85 pounds for the bugera, i think bugera should make 1x12 combos
periphery/bulb!

gear:
Ibanez RG7321 w/ D-sonic in bridge

Peavey 5150 mk ii & b52 4x12 cab

line 6 podxt for recording

Quote by AsOneIStand
Head and Cab for $130? You don't need a head and cabinet, you need a psychological examination.
I really don't know why everyone is suggesting an attenuator, an attenuator is good for bringing down a really driven amp to band/gigging levels - not for making practice amps.

It's seems unlikely to me that you'll be using the 120 watts anyway as it is designed specifically for headroom, so that you don't drive your powertubes and get that 'looser' distortion often associated with it. The master volume should suffice to keep the amp quiet.

50 watts should also be plenty to get over the most heavy-handed drummers.
Quote by Van Noord

+2
Ibanez XPT707 Xiphos
Schecter C-7 Loomis FR

Mesa Boogie Mark III blue dot Coliseum

Mesa Traditional 4x12 v30's x EVM 12l's

THE SEVEN STRING LEGION
Wow thanks for all the replies think ive got all the answers i need and all in a matter of minutes! cheers guys. awesome forum.

G
Umm...I hate to break the news to you but those aren't exactly the greatest amps. Maybe you should avoid the Bugera because I don;t want you to become best friends with your local amp tech. Maybe most of the problems are ironed out, not sure. If you can find a Peavey XXX then get it,.
right.. !
ok i tried to stay away from this question because of the amount of threads asking the same type of questions but i need a tube amp for metal in the same price range, i cant seem to find much on the peavey xxx where can i get it from in the UK? im not really interested in hunting out a discontinued amp.

oh and is the bugera really that unreliable?
Last edited by septicpapercut at Mar 24, 2009,