ive always wondered a couple things:

1) in english, a lot of the times we use words and phrases from other languages. sometimes we talk in accents for jokes. do other languages do this as well? like for example, would an asian person for a joke talk like an english person speaking their language, like in an "american accent"?

2) in english, people tend to make "sounds" when imitating asian languages or middle eastern languages. to us, if you do it well enough it can sort of sound like actual asian words, but obviously they arent. can you do this in other languages for english? basically ive always wondered what english sounds like to non english speaking people.

3) was english hard to learn?

just some things ive been wondering.
1. We do
2. English people sound either like royalty, like retards or like queers :P
3. No. Fluent English when I was nine
Quote by Blind In 1 Ear
ive always wondered a couple things:

1) in english, a lot of the times we use words and phrases from other languages. sometimes we talk in accents for jokes. do other languages do this as well? like for example, would an asian person for a joke talk like an english person speaking their language, like in an "american accent"?

Yes.

2) in english, people tend to make "sounds" when imitating asian languages or middle eastern languages. to us, if you do it well enough it can sort of sound like actual asian words, but obviously they arent. can you do this in other languages for english? basically ive always wondered what english sounds like to non english speaking people.

Yes.

3) was english hard to learn?

Nah, not really.
Im german

1: We make fun of british accents alot :p

2: almost everyone here speaks decent english...
But yeah, my mom sounds hella funny when trying to speak english.haha.

3: nah,It was very easy
same as pretty much everyone...
Quote by theogonia777
and then there's free jazz, which isn't even for musicians.

Quote by Born A Fool
As my old guitar teacher once said: Metal really comes from classical music. The only difference is pinch harmonics, double bass, and lyrics about killing goats.
Quote by JohnnyGenzale
1: yes

2: yes

3: no.

Yep.
SPORTING CLUBE DE PORTUGAL

"And the earth died screaming as I lay dreaming"
i suppose becuase all of the best films are english :p so foreign people have a media of which through they can learn english ::::ppppppp in england, we dont watch foreign films much and such, we are totally outcast verbally from the rest of the world.
Founder Of The "Jimmy Page Stole All Of My Potential Riffs" Club PM To Join!.

Quote by CoreysMonster
Meh, I usually just buy them off the local shaman, unless I'm in the wilderness, where I rely on raw meat to raise my HP.
agree on the first post
Quote by JeanMi36
Back when I was a teen, I was making out with this girl, when I had the bright idea of putting my hand inside her panties.

She had her period.

I'm scarred for life
So if english is so easy to learn. Why do I always have to push 1 for english any time I call somewhere?????????? in my own country.
just wondering
Quote by fnkycandle
So if english is so easy to learn. Why do I always have to push 1 for english any time I call somewhere?????????? in my own country.
just wondering

Because The Pit is not the world.
sometimes I see us in a cymbal splash or in the sound of a car crash
1. not really that much in jokes, but use of american accent is quite popular in our cartoons

2. hell yes

3. it's probably one of the easiest languages...very simple grammar and as it is very common (on the Internet, TV, everyday speech) I learned it quite easily..
Quote by JDioon
1. We do
2. English people sound either like royalty, like retards or like queers :P
3. No. Fluent English when I was nine

I agree in the first two points.

in the third, i have to say English is very simple and therefore, easy to learn. it has very little pasts and conditionals and futures, i mean, spanish has much more of them! and in spanish, for example, we have two verbs (ser y estar) for the english verb "be". so we make a huge difference between being in a certain state, like something temporary like when you're ill, and something you are and defines your existance, so to speak, like i am... errr... blonde for example
Quote by FatalGear41
When you break a bass string, that snapping sound is the sound of six dollars going down the crapper.

Sterling Ray 35
Hartke Ha3500 head - Gallien Krueger 212MBE cab
Tech 21 VT Bass
Zoom b2
Quote by Sudaka

in the third, i have to say English is very simple and therefore, easy to learn. it has very little pasts and conditionals and futures, i mean, spanish has much more of them! and in spanish, for example, we have two verbs (ser y estar) for the english verb "be". so we make a huge difference between being in a certain state, like something temporary like when you're ill, and something you are and defines your existance, so to speak, like i am... errr... blonde for example

Like present simple and present continuous?
I think that what makes English simple is that there is no declension and words pretty much stay the same no matter when you use them...
Quote by Sudaka

Preterite and imperf(spanish) confused me like crazy until last year...I'm in spanish 4 now.
I'm not a Bible-thumper anymore. Realized I had a brain in '09.

I like guitars, running, and math.
Quote by JohnnyGenzale

I love how the first post so often sums up the entire thread.
Quote by Alix_D
Never heard of Seinfeld, what kind of music do they play? Assuming they use Kramers, it must be heavy!

SAVE GIBSON

Quote by JohnnyGenzale

+1.

English isn't hard to learn at all, the only problem I think I have is my clunky pronunciation in actual conversations, but that's probably acceptable as an accent.

Certain topics like science and economy et cetera are a bit harder to talk about fluently, as they require a vast vocabulary of special terminology. You need to have studied or read about them in English to not sound like a tool in a conversation.

In Finland, English is a mandatory school subject starting from the third grade and on. So I've studied it for about a decade.
Last edited by Tommy[fin] at Mar 24, 2009,
1) We imitate the american accent, yes.

2) Er... what?

3) My father speaks english with me since he's from T&T. I knew fluid english at Kindergarden level ^^.
DeVillains!
Quote by JohnnyGenzale

I agree

I tought myself english when i was around 6 years old, by reading the subtitles and listening to the words on english shows on tv.
English is an easy language to learn .

imitatin english accents is normal (like the american frat-boy, p example)

cant say i do that gibberish thing tho. but you do it for chinese cause its not your second language right? doubt you'd do that if you actually knew chinese