Page 1 of 3
He found out he was black.
sometimes I see us in a cymbal splash or in the sound of a car crash
Quote by ClaptonWannabe
Because he was as high as a kite.

Thats the most likely reason methinks...
"We must become members of a new race, overcoming petty prejudice, owing our ultimate allegiance not to nations, but to our fellow men within the human community."
- H.I.M Haile Selassie I
Quote by Fender1424
Because it brang him so much pain.

haha, you said brang.
Quote by Pernell
Lulz
The only reason anyone does anything.
Quote by Teh Forest King
A kid took a fetal pig during pig dissection, put a napkin on it as a cape, wrote "super pig" on it, then threw it out the window onto the greenhouse below, yelling "super pig, blast off!". He failed the pig lab
because the who were on after him and he knew they were going to destroy thier instruments
Emerse your soul in love

You used to be alright What happened?

Yellow tigers crouched in jungles in her Dark Eyes .
because it's an awesome trick to do on stage

/thread

Quote by Fender1424
Because it brang him so much pain.

Stand up and cheer if you like SimCity

Play Up Pompey, Pompey Play Up
THE WiLDHEARTS

Quote by goest
I'm going to take this opportunity to initiate my campaign to replace the phrase "Taking a shit" with "Busting a grumpy."
Everyone knows that's what brangs out the real tone of a guitar.

p.s. sorry for the brang
Quote by boreamor
Do you not know Man Law?

Man Law: Anything is more awesome if on fire.
Even women.
Quote by Teh Forest King
A kid took a fetal pig during pig dissection, put a napkin on it as a cape, wrote "super pig" on it, then threw it out the window onto the greenhouse below, yelling "super pig, blast off!". He failed the pig lab
To give something back to the fans. To sacrifice something thats very important to him. Dont think he was crazy, he didnt believe he was losing his mind.
Quote by Just Andrew
Even women.

So true... All those witch burnings in the middle ages? Bullshit! They were just trying to make women even more awesome...
"We must become members of a new race, overcoming petty prejudice, owing our ultimate allegiance not to nations, but to our fellow men within the human community."
- H.I.M Haile Selassie I
Quote by bendystraw
haha, you said brang.

xD
Current gear:
Carvin CT6M
TC Electronics Dark Matter distortion
Harley Benton 2x12, with Celestion V30s
Laney Ironheart 60w tube amp
because he wanted some attention damn it.
Quote by Survivalism
The Dual Rectifier is my sexy finishing move.

Quote by Survivalism
Nobody knows the words to Evenflow, they all just go "bramamamamamamamamaamamamabooowwllofcornflakes"
He actually did it to upstage Pete Townsend, because the Who went on right before Hendrix.
Quote by GrungeJunkie
He actually did it to upstage Pete Townsend, because the Who went on right before Hendrix.

dang, i always think its before the who for some reason
Emerse your soul in love

You used to be alright What happened?

Yellow tigers crouched in jungles in her Dark Eyes .
Quote by IDread
So true... All those witch burnings in the middle ages? Bullshit! They were just trying to make women even more awesome...

Quote by heavyairship
because the who were on after him and he knew they were going to destroy thier instruments

This.

He didnt want to be less than them i guess. There was a little tension deciding who was going to last. (i read it somewhere in Guitar World Magazine November 07 i think)
because he was on two hits of monterey purple acid and it probably looked really cool to him.
Quote by Sir-Shoelace
manliest string guage? barbed wire.

Founder Of the UG Slide Player's Guild, PM me If You're Really Feelin' Dem Blues

THE PIT
"better than your average psychiatrist"
cause he was on a **** load of acid and he probably thought it was trying to kill him.

awww.... lots of people beat me to the acid jokes.
Gear:
Jackson Dinky DK2L
Epiphone LP Standard
Yamaha Acoustic
Bugera 1990 w/ Peavey 2x12 cab
Quote by GrungeJunkie

I prefer to think it was because he had LSD tabs in his headband.
Quote by duncang
maybe it's because i secrely agree that tracedin inymballsackistheb best album ever

he's got the fire and the fury,
at his command
well you don't have to worry,
if you hold onto jesus' hand
Quote by SlipknotRule93
because it's an awesome trick to do on stage

/thread

lol slipknot.

In all seriousness, he probably was high..
because the who and him had an arguement about who should go on first. niether wanted to follow the other. so jimi said "if i follow you, im pulling out all the stops". and he did. he also said in an interview it was just a kind of release for him at the time. i believe he did it more than once actually. but im assuming you mean the well known time.
He wanted to outdo The Who so he lit his guitar on fire, that is the actual reason it's on the DVD I have, The Jimi Hendrix Experience Live At Monterey.
Part of it was coz he was trying to out-do The Who.
Not saying he wasn't tripping off his tits completely too but that's part of it.
404: Sig not found.
Page 1 of 3