Hi,

I'm looking for a good free program that converts FLAC music files to mp3. Does anyone know of one?

Thanks
I use Switch

good program
Last.Fm

“If there was anything that depressed him more than his own cynicism, it was that quite often it still wasn't as cynical as real life.”
― Terry Pratchett

qft...

Jeremy Clarkson is a knob.
And could anyone suggest any good and free converter .mp3 to MIDI? ^.^
I swear there are threads like this every day...

Quote by Zyornis
And could anyone suggest any good and free converter .mp3 to MIDI? ^.^

Your ears... there is no such program that I know of. It would be far too complicated to implement
Last edited by uk.mace at Mar 24, 2009,
FLAC frontend works wonders, and is really easy to use.
Seriously, f*ck off with the R.I.P Dimebag bullsh*t, you dont see the bass forums going R.I.P Jaco everytime some one mentions him!
Quote by uk.mace
I swear there are threads like this every day...

Well, maybe that's because people have questions like this to ask on a regular basis? Who honestly gives a sh*t if people ask questions like this a lot, let them learn the answers. Looking up old threads is the most overrated way of getting information here as old threads rarely have specific information you're looking for, only something close.
(Invalid img)

The next time this "I'm too good to google" crap comes up...
Quote by AVA_Plus44_182
Is that a plug-in for winamp?

I'm pretty sure Winamp is capable of flac > mp3 without any additional plug-ins.
Quote by Cannibal Corpse
*bump*

I've got a .flac file, but it's of an album so it's just one file that's 35 mintues long.. Does anyone know how I can customise the file to be songs instead of one big file? By the way I have FLAC frontend, is there any way to do that with this?
The way I do it is to use Foobar2000.

I don't like it as a media player, but for file conversions and flac splitting it's a godsend.

btw, you will either need the cue sheet for the album or for the cue sheet to be embedded in the metadata or you're ****ed.

If you don't have it you can find out if it's embedded by dropping it into foobar, if it displays as one file you're ****ed unless you can find one, here is a good place to start: http://www.regeert.nl/cuesheet/
convert t to mp3 then use audicity to break it up into individual songs...
Very Orange CARVIN DC 700
PRS SE Custom - crunch lab&PAF pro
Ibanez GRX40 - modified
Peavey Valveking 112 w/ 2x12 cab

Originally Posted by Shirate
The guitar, the only beautiful female that looks better with the top ON haha

Transformice
Quote by bendystraw
(Invalid img)

The next time this "I'm too good to google" crap comes up...

This

And my question is, why the hell would you go away from FLAC? If you aren't gonna use it, just download a different file type.
Quote by dudius
This

And my question is, why the hell would you go away from FLAC? If you aren't gonna use it, just download a different file type.
Sod off you unhelpful ****.

It's so my phone can play the files if you must know, which is where I store my music to listen to when I'm out and about...

Thank you for the people who posted with a positive response.

I don't think it has the cuesheet with it, but I looked on that site & it has it there.. So can I attach it to it? Am gonna try and Audacity cut it like you two peeps said.
Quote by Cannibal Corpse
Sod off you unhelpful ****.

It's so my phone can play the files if you must know, which is where I store my music to listen to when I'm out and about...

Thank you for the people who posted with a positive response.

I don't think it has the cuesheet with it, but I looked on that site & it has it there.. So can I attach it to it? Am gonna try and Audacity cut it like you two peeps said.

My point is that FLAC is for people who want high-quality media. Now that I see you're gonna use both FLAC and mp3 of the same song but on different devices, I see why anyone would want to do such a thing.

Without knowing your motives, I assumed you were just crazy.
switch sound file converter = works the best out of all the converters ive used. converts anything to anything else!!! for free.
Belief is a beautiful armour but makes for the heaviest sword.
Quote by dudius
My point is that FLAC is for people who want high-quality media. Now that I see you're gonna use both FLAC and mp3 of the same song but on different devices, I see why anyone would want to do such a thing.

Without knowing your motives, I assumed you were just crazy.
That's alright dude.
Quote by TheReverend724
Now, I'm a FLAC n00b

Is the quality that much better than that of a mp3? and what programs are used for playing FLAC files?

It is better, but only worth it if your audio speakers/headphones are good.

Good input + bad output usuallly means bad sound quality.
Quote by Demonikk
'Practice amp' = amp you practice with? In my case, Peavey 6505+ and 4x12
I don't do things small

Except children.