thread for discussion about Lollapalooza.
Im going to be in Chicago during the time of the festival so i was thinking i'd go for atleast one of the days, does anyone know about how much the tickets are going to be and when more of the line up will be released?
Quote by .arkness:.
I did it in the church confession booth. i jizzed all over the mesh in an attempt to hit the priest.
Meh, I'd rather go to Lmaoroflfest
Gear:
Ibanez S470DXQM
Laney GH50L - Laney GS212IE
Boss GE7
MXR Wylde OD
Boss DD2
Boss CE20
Walden G570
Quote by ShaunDiel
I'd kill to go to Lollapalooza or Bonnaroo. You lucky bastard.

+1
Quote by illuminatiano
do not go on guitar forums

there are drugs there

( and ololol there are )
Quote by ShaunDiel
I'd kill to go to Lollapalooza or Bonnaroo. You lucky bastard.

i know, my flight gets in the day before and i leave the day after! and then i saw that Tool are headlining and i was just like
I did it in the church confession booth. i jizzed all over the mesh in an attempt to hit the priest.
Well its August 7-9, and I'm guessing Tool will prolly play the 8th. And the tickets will be anywhere from $150-210 for all 3 days, I forget how much the individual is, but I think the 8th is more expensive than the other to.

On the site is says "Early Bird tickets go on sale march 31st" That's your best chance of getting cheap tickets.
I want to work in revelations, not just spin silly tales for money.I want to fish as deep down as possible into my own subconscious in the belief that once that far down, everyone will understand because they are the same that far down.
Quote by tremeloud
Well its August 7-9, and I'm guessing Tool will prolly play the 8th. And the tickets will be anywhere from $150-210 for all 3 days, I forget how much the individual is, but I think the 8th is more expensive than the other to.

On the site is says "Early Bird tickets go on sale march 31st" That's your best chance of getting cheap tickets.

ah wicked thanks, will they say whos playing on what day on the 31st then?
Quote by rhysm
ah wicked thanks, will they say whos playing on what day on the 31st then?

I don't believe so. The reason they are cheaper is because not a lot of bands have announced they will be playing yet, so there isn't as much demand for the tickets (except for this year with Tool ). But who knows, Tool, Kings of Leon, and Killers already announced, so it seems they're just announcing them at random. If I remember correctly the full lineup and schedule officially came out around June last year, but most of the bands had already announced their attendance at that time.
I want to work in revelations, not just spin silly tales for money.I want to fish as deep down as possible into my own subconscious in the belief that once that far down, everyone will understand because they are the same that far down.
Quote by tremeloud
I don't believe so. The reason they are cheaper is because not a lot of bands have announced they will be playing yet, so there isn't as much demand for the tickets (except for this year with Tool ). But who knows, Tool, Kings of Leon, and Killers already announced, so it seems they're just announcing them at random. If I remember correctly the full lineup and schedule officially came out around June last year, but most of the bands had already announced their attendance at that time.

i see, thanks. i'll probubly try get some on tuesday then! any clue was to what time they'd be on sale? (sorry for all the questions!)
Quote by rhysm
i see, thanks. i'll probubly try get some on tuesday then! any clue was to what time they'd be on sale? (sorry for all the questions!)

I have no idea. You could go on the official site, and sign up for the newsletter, and then they'll most likely email you as soon as they go on sale.

And yea it would be a good idea to get a jump on tickets. They started selling a very limited supply of "Souvenir Tickets" earlier this month, as a sort of secret sale, for only $60 for all three days. They were sold out in under 5 minutes. Partially due to the fact that Illinois hasn't illegalized this scalping thing we got goin on here, where people and companies buy all the tickets they can from the site, and then hike up the prices like crazy.

So these tickets shouldn't sell out like the others did, cuz those were ridiculously cheap, but still I'd keep a sharp eye out.
Quote by tremeloud
I have no idea. You could go on the official site, and sign up for the newsletter, and then they'll most likely email you as soon as they go on sale.

And yea it would be a good idea to get a jump on tickets. They started selling a very limited supply of "Souvenir Tickets" earlier this month, as a sort of secret sale, for only $60 for all three days. They were sold out in under 5 minutes. Partially due to the fact that Illinois hasn't illegalized this scalping thing we got goin on here, where people and companies buy all the tickets they can from the site, and then hike up the prices like crazy.

So these tickets shouldn't sell out like the others did, cuz those were ridiculously cheap, but still I'd keep a sharp eye out.

i just signed up, i used the zip code of a chinese supermarket in Texas haha

I think its like that for everywhere, tickets for festivals here sell out ridiculously quickly.
Thanks for the help