Page 1 of 2
Hey all,

I have a guitar that I'm going to be putting together. I have the body and neck already. I basically need to buy new everything else for it. I was looking through guitarfetish.com because I saw that they are relatively inexpensive and I was browsing through the bridges. I wasn't planning on this guitar having a floyd rose on it but I saw that their fast loader floyd was pretty cheap.

Here's the link btw.

http://store.guitarfetish.com/blflroflotrs.html

I was just wondering if anyone had any experience with these. Yes I know, I know it is cheap and most would probably just write it off right away but I'm just curious if anybody has used these.

I am not dead set on this or anything, I was just curious.

Thanks for your input!
(Gear in profile)

Yes I do like metal, no I'm not a close minded idiot.
No, it's junk. Albino_Rhino had one and the knife edges literally crumpled.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
Ok thanks. I kind of had a feeling that they wouldn't be worth it.

To be honest, even if they were I don't know if I even would have bought one.

Anybody else?
(Gear in profile)

I've had only good experiences with GFS hardware in the past, but I wouldn't buy a speedloader to begin with.

You can get a Gotoh locking trem for like $175 at allparts or $140 at universal jems. I've abused one of these for a few years and had no problems at all.
Quote by bangoodcharlote
^Owned.

I suggest not screwing with the UGer with the best name on the site.

Quote by Albino_Rhino
I don't see how prostitution is going to help out your string buzz...
Yea I was planning on buying everything from there. A couple of my friends bought some of their pickups and had nothing but good things to say. I was just curious about the floyd, like I said I wasn't like set on it or anything just curious.

Thanks for the replies!
(Gear in profile)

just thought i'd bump this thread because guitar fetish have now got a new licensed floyd rose trem out:

http://store.guitarfetish.com/nehedudulofl.html

actually looks a LOT like a gotoh to me, i guess nobody would have had the chance to try one yet but any thoughts?
you didn't really need to bump a month old thread.

GFS are only good for their pickups. Period
NICE! they FINALLYYYY got a double-locking trem! and it does look VERy similar to the Gotoh...and if its really hardened steel with brass block and posts then its definetly worth $75!
The Best Floyd Rose Is A Setup Floyd Rose!

Gear:
STARcaster Strat
Dean Tradition Acoustic
03 B.C. Rich NJ Warlock Speedloader
Xaviere XV-599
Epi 1984 Explorer
Crate GTD65
Epi Valve Jr
Bogner Alchemist Head
Marshall 1960B
I've gotten a lot of stuff from Guitar fetish, and it's all been either passable and cheap or total crap. The two trems I got from them were godawful. I'd stay away.
The pickups are ok, if you have to have really cheap ones. Everything else, just stay away. It's tempting because it's cheap, but they don't really make good stuff.
Quote by f22master
NICE! they FINALLYYYY got a double-locking trem! and it does look VERy similar to the Gotoh...and if its really hardened steel with brass block and posts then its definetly worth $75!

+1. If I had 75 dollars to burn, and a guitar with an FR, I'd try it. For now, though, I'll stick with the Gotoh FR. That's a known good trem.
Current Gear:
Audient iD22 interface
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
Quote by guitarcam123
you didn't really need to bump a month old thread.

GFS are only good for their pickups. Period

sucks for you.i have bought a ton of s**t from them and its always been well worth the price i paid.hardware,bridges, pickups,electronics,tuners...its always been super nice.
According to the guys on the HC forums-and Jay from GFS- It's a Ping-made Gotoh copy. So, it's probably decent. May have to get one.
Current Gear:
Audient iD22 interface
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
Quote by oneblackened
According to the guys on the HC forums-and Jay from GFS- It's a Ping-made Gotoh copy. So, it's probably decent. May have to get one.

cool

thought it might be something like that
Quote by oneblackened

nice. then it IS a decent trem. but im still gona get the FR special for my frankie. i KNOW they are good. hell, i just saw 3 of them today on brand new 09 ESP/LTDs!

Gear:
STARcaster Strat
Dean Tradition Acoustic
Xaviere XV-599
Epi 1984 Explorer
Crate GTD65
Epi Valve Jr
Bogner Alchemist Head
Marshall 1960B
Guitar Fetish usually lie about what there stuff is made of. They say hardened steel when its really something like zinc.
Quote by Alexander_BR
There is a new floyd which is not a fastloader on guitarfetish.com. Might be worth it.

That, sir, is what we've been talking about.
Current Gear:
Audient iD22 interface
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
i had a cheap floyd ($15 AU cheap) i was adjust the action by the studs and the knife edges just wore down and the bridge didn't move. That guitar is now being modded for a string thru tom.
why not just use it as a dive only floyd? as lond as it pivots then just tighten the springs down so it will always return to resting against the body.

Gear:
STARcaster Strat
Dean Tradition Acoustic
Xaviere XV-599
Epi 1984 Explorer
Crate GTD65
Epi Valve Jr
Bogner Alchemist Head
Marshall 1960B
Quote by guitarcam123
i had a cheap floyd ($15 AU cheap) i was adjust the action by the studs and the knife edges just wore down and the bridge didn't move. That guitar is now being modded for a string thru tom.

well even though i'm not saying that this new guitar fetish floyd is great or anything i think its definitely got a better chance of being decent than a $15 floyd. (seriously dude, $15? thats less than the box to put it in would have cost, guess its so cheap its worth a try...)
i acctualy live down the street from gfs. but does any one know if i could order parts and pick them up so i dont have to pay $10 to get it shipped 3 blocks away ?
Well, I'm going to be buying that FR from GFS for my JEM peroject. I know it is not going to be amazing, but for half of the price and how money is tight it is worth it.

I'll let everyone know how it is.
Quote by guitarcam123
your wasting your money

Oh come off it, you haven't even tried the thing. I'll probably buy it too.
Current Gear:
Audient iD22 interface
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
Last edited by oneblackened at Apr 18, 2009,
you can waste your money too then.

Everyone i know of that has had one has said the knife edges and saddles wore down.
Who, other than Otter? Exactly.
Current Gear:
Audient iD22 interface
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
well i don't exactly record these kinda things in a book.

The ones i remember:
Otter
Divinorium
Roc8995

theres loads more, plus everyone that has owned anything from GF that is not pickups says they're total crap
Take Div off the list
Quote by divinorum69
I Have one, it seems pretty solid. The studs are not good. But that can be changed very easily right?

Otter, I can see. He had bad luck with them. Rule of thumb: Tuners always should be good quality (AKA Gotoh/Schaller/Grover/Sperzel).
Roc, I dunno anything about him.
Current Gear:
Audient iD22 interface
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
K, I'll do that for my build this summer. If it's good, then I suppose we'll have a bit of animosity destroyed, eh?
Current Gear:
Audient iD22 interface
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
Brilliant, cam!
Current Gear:
Audient iD22 interface
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
Quote by guitarcam123

WIN.

Gear:
STARcaster Strat
Dean Tradition Acoustic
Xaviere XV-599
Epi 1984 Explorer
Crate GTD65
Epi Valve Jr
Bogner Alchemist Head
Marshall 1960B
I didn't even know Aussies got Mythbusters
R.I.P. Les Paul, 1915-2009

A man chooses, a slave obeys.
Quote by guitarcam123
you can waste your money too then.

Everyone i know of that has had one has said the knife edges and saddles wore down.

yeah but thats the old one right? we're talking about the new double locking trem thats supposedly more or less a gotoh but manufactured by somebody else. i mean, at least pretend to be interested enough to get someone else to buy one and try it for you, lol
Page 1 of 2