Okay well I want to remove my pick gaurd from my LP standard. I know people are going to say just unscrew the screws. Is there a special way to do it because I don;'t want to screw up.
well, you have to unscrew the screws. and then take it off.
I like analogue Solid State amps that make no effort to be "tube-like", and I'm proud of it...

...A little too proud, to be honest.
no special way, just unscrew the screws.. maybe put them back in so you dont lose them...
make sure you unscrew it before trying to get it off the guitar. That's my own little special way of doing it
Unscrew the one by the neck first. This is important as there is a risk of breaking the corner of the pick guard when you fall over on top of the guitar. There will be a felt washer under there. Then unscrew the one that attaches the bracket to the body. Turn the driver counter clockwise and don't drop the screw down the sink.
Replace the pick guard by reversing the above procedure.

/joke
You'll be fine.
I pick up my guitar and play
Just like Yesterday

T C Ellis Series 2 LP w/Skatterbrane Quiescence pups
Cort EVL-K6
Yamaha RGX211 modded
H&S Electric 12-string
Shaftsbury Ricki 4001
'84 Fender Yale
Roland Cube 15x

Quote by Lurcher
Unscrew the one by the neck first. This is important as there is a risk of breaking the corner of the pick guard when you fall over on top of the guitar. There will be a felt washer under there. Then unscrew the one that attaches the bracket to the body. Turn the driver counter clockwise and don't drop the screw down the sink.
Replace the pick guard by reversing the above procedure.

/joke
You'll be fine.

did you just tell him step-by-step how to remove the back strap-peg on his guitar? lol