Page 1 of 2
Who here goes to a music shop every now and again, spots some obscure instrument for less than £20 and learns how to play it?

As part of a new years resolution, I've been trying to do this once a month

So far I've got :

Soprano Ukulele - £14.99
Stylophone - £14.99
Xlylophone (in a suitcase!) - £19.99

And next month I'm going to get a recorder.

It's quite fun, and I'm sure even the most dedicated guitar player likes to chill out with a random instrument, eh?

Vibraslap:

1. Open My Computer.
2. Open C:
3. Click on WINDOWS.
4. Open the folder "Media."
5. Click on the file "onestop."
6. Listen.
i did that with a harmonica, now i'm beastly at it.
Quote by Jackal58
I only judge people based upon the color of their skin.

Quote by Kilty Boxers
id like to shave my balls, but i always cut myself and when i do my shaver is like om nom nom testicle skin.
if you use them right i doubt they're gonna be 'just for a laugh'.

I'd say diddley bow , for when i finally make one.
waste 20 quid a month?

or to put it into more realistic terms:

between 10 and 20 pints
a weeks shopping
etc

no ta
On vacation from modding = don't pm me with your pish
You could save all of the money from spending on random things over the span of a while and buy something worth while, not shit
No man you're doin' it wrong
Ka-F*ckin'-Zoo is the way to go
I defecate all over my clothes to get extra protected
Roses are Red
Violets are Bitchin
God Dammit Woman
Get Back in the Kitchen
Quote by Mockstairwell
Vibraslap:

IM GOING OFFA DA RAILS ON A CRAZY TRAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Quote by Valid12891
I wish I had an extra sensitive third nipple, and a girl who was into that sort of thing.

Quote by _Ixnay_
In Russia, Winter Cold + Vodka + Big-Chested Women = No problem.

Book of shadows 2?
O_o
I have a Uke...it's a piece of shit. I'm sure I'd love it if it would only be tuned at all but it's too low quality...
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.

yeah it's fun. i already know how to play assassin by muse on it.
What are you dense?
Are you retarded or something?
Who the hell do you think I am?
I'm the goddamn Batman.

April 19th, 2011: The Night of the Boob

Harmonica and Kazoo but I cant really play the harmonica
Quote by Skrewdriver
I took a shit out my grandma's back garden and blamed it on the dog....

Quote by DieGarbageMan
Epic win for benjo48
go up a bit og money and get a cigar box guitar, seen em in ebay for about £50
HAVE A NICE DAY!
I've got a bad habbit of doing that, bought a sitar for £300, no idea why and no real idea how to play it, would sell it but my mother kidnapped it and is now using it as a decoration. I also have 3 drum kits, bought for under £50 each on Ebay, however I have no room to set them up, may set one up in my shed over the summer though.
I've Made You A Drawing of a Giraffe Fucking an Elephant. Notice How His Moustache Looks Just Like Mine.

Your Mother's Got a Penis
Man, that rulez. you can build your own theremin for about $25 USD, i dont know what that converts too, but it seems pretty easy to make.
Quote by faultyy
I've got a bad habbit of doing that, bought a sitar for £300, no idea why and no real idea how to play it, would sell it but my mother kidnapped it and is now using it as a decoration. I also have 3 drum kits, bought for under £50 each on Ebay, however I have no room to set them up, may set one up in my shed over the summer though.

if you have recording gear i bet there'd be some interesting reverb in a shed
Quote by The Clerk
if you have recording gear i bet there'd be some interesting reverb in a shed

Yeh man, may do that, one of my mates keeps giving me mics for some reason, I'm sure I've got drum mics here somewhere. May invest in a mixer and see what I can come up with
I've Made You A Drawing of a Giraffe Fucking an Elephant. Notice How His Moustache Looks Just Like Mine.

Your Mother's Got a Penis
No idea how much it cost but

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XAg5KjnAhuU
Quote by dm1925
texas ftw!
we're saving the world, one zombie at a time

Quote by ThePastRecedes
Yo Bob Dylan, I'm really happy for you an I'm gonna let you finish, but Jimi Hendrix had one of the best versions of All Along the Watchtower of all time!
I've got a ukulele. I've actually thought about getting a stylophone and a recorder, but I haven't done it yet. I also want a harmonica, maybe a theremin, and some other little instruments I can't think of ATM.

I also have a kazoo, but the paper is broken so it doesn't work right.
Last edited by werty22 at Mar 24, 2009,
Get an Ocarina! I got one off of ebay for about £10 and it's pretty easy to learn some tunes on it.
Quote by Pookie6
Yngwi3, You win this whole monstrosity of a thread.

Quote by uk.mace
For the best tingle, use Original Source mint. That shit feels amazing on your balls.

Godfather of The Diezel Mafia
Got a jaw harp for about 2 euros. Pretty fun to mess around with.
------------------
I've got an $800+ banjo, but I don't know how to play it. Sometimes I bust out 'Smoke on the Water' hillbilly style on the banjo and it always gets some laughs.
All your base are belong to us.
You can get a Flying V Ukulele for about £15-20 round where I live, should be same everywhere else.
CYMRU

Quote by apothecarrie
I cut my tongue with a spoon.

Andrew Wk Party Tip 11Be Awesomer!

Woo
Better save yer money as myself being a cannae Scot i saved my money + wouldnt purchase an instument for around £20 a month "WHY" ?

as i just got my comb + with the right type of paper covering my comb i can now play some cheesy tunes it's sooo
Last edited by Rodthemod at Mar 24, 2009,
i got a harmonica set for 30 bucks, a kazoo, uke, and a mandolin. but i dont play them much. i just tune the mandolin like a guitar now because i figure, im only going to use it once in a while so theres not sense spending a whole lot of time learning to play it. im thinking of getting a melodica some time.
Ugh i hate mandolins. I can understand ukes but mandolins just sound like cheap tinny guitars or something.
Quote by The Clerk
Ugh i hate mandolins. I can understand ukes but mandolins just sound like cheap tinny guitars or something.

i used to think the same thing until i saw some amazing bluegrass players solo on it. but these days i kind of have a love for all instruments.
Page 1 of 2