This could work, first person suggests a band from were they come from (either national or a local) and the person below suggests a similar band from there country, that we wouldn't have heard before. that way we could all find some new music from across the seas.

Foals- Balooons

I suggest Foals, Because they're local to oxford and i saw the lead singer just the other day on a bus. I'm By no means a massive fan, but This math-rock/indie stuff is getting pretty big in the UK.
Anything similar overseas?

To prevent all the music being of simialr genres, once a query has been answered, someone suggests a new band from a different genre..Lets see if this works.

Quote by Karl Pilkington
Jellyfish are 97% water or something, so how much are they doing? Just give them another 3% and make them water. It's more useful."
Children Collide

Band from Melbourne, Australia
Quote by merfsullivan
Every time I come to the Pit it makes me wonder if the word retard is being thrown out nearly enough....

Sydal Of the Australia FTW! Club. PM Alter-Bridge or The_Random_Hero to join. Australians only.
GLC

Funny Hip Hop band from Newport, South Wales
I've Made You A Drawing of a Giraffe Fucking an Elephant. Notice How His Moustache Looks Just Like Mine.

Your Mother's Got a Penis
I'm guessing loads of people already know this one, but it's the only record I can think of that came out of Derby.

White Town - Your Woman
[quote="'[x"]Huffy[x]']^ This man knows everything.

Seriously, don't even try and question him, he'll rip your face off with his awesomeness alone.
Quote by Kumanji
@ yet another win post from Vince. Kudos to you, sir.
Movéis Coloniais De Acaju
They're from Brasilia and a really good band.They're posting videos of the songs from their new album which is much more developed,but think of a ska band with a really strong brass section and some brazilian music influences and there you go.
[quote="'Sydal *[LFPE"]*']Children Collide

Band from Melbourne, Australia

I like these guys, I don't here enough music from autralia...Will definatly Look up some more!

@ Guy below
GLC, I hope there are some similar bands, Lol.

Quote by Karl Pilkington
Jellyfish are 97% water or something, so how much are they doing? Just give them another 3% and make them water. It's more useful."
I LOVEEEE FOALS

and i'm from america! ashame they only have one cd. tear tear cry cry.
Ignominious Incarceration - local metal band, just released their album on Earache, good stuff.
Quote by DrewsGotTheLife
yea man, who ever doesnt like pantera or think they suck doesnt like metal, end of discussion, they changed the freakin world n made history, so don't be sayin they suck, have respect, same goes for machine head n lamb of god cuz their good too
Quote by assparade69
I LOVEEEE FOALS

and i'm from america! ashame they only have one cd. tear tear cry cry.

Really? are foals pretty well known over there? I like that the made there own way up, playing at house parties and small venues..There really growing on me.
Come to Oxford, you see them about quite alot. (Y)

Quote by Karl Pilkington
Gift of Prophecy.

GO SEATTLE!!!
Mah Geah:
The Dreaded T-Bird
Ampeg BA115
Boss Bass Synth
Boss Bass Overdrive
Blue Steel Strings
Clayton Picks
Monster Cables

Coheed and Cambria: Rush, Iron Maiden, and Star Wars had a baby.