So there's a song I want to try and play over. However, the song is a piano piece and I can't play piano and know next to nothing about the instrument.
I managed to get hold of sheet music for it, but I don't understand any of it.

Basically what I'm asking is could someone tell me what key it is in and/or the chords.

Thanks...

Also, sorry if it's the wrong section. Was gonna post in tab talk but it isn't tab..
Attachments:
Calling to the Night.pdf
Quote by AlanHB
Yeah well in special UG land chords = noob, scales = intermediate and modes = advanced. Most users are trying to finish the game on hard because then you get the trophies for noob and intermediate difficulties upon completion anyway.
There aren't that many "chords" the bass is holding out some single notes, but the piece is mainly a melody. There are some chords in the middle. You could learn to play the melody line, but it would take time to find a way to play that exact piece on guitar.
Winner of the 2011 Virginia Guitar Festival

Protools HD
Lynx Aurora 16/HD192
Mojave, Sennheiser, AKG, EV etc mics
Focusrite ISA828 pres
Waves Mercury
Random Rack Gear

65 Deluxe Reverb
PRS CE 22
American Standard Strat
Taylor 712
Oh right, sorry man there's like 5 versions of the song around like one chords/singing, one instrumental etc.
Can you give any information on what key it is in or anything like that? So long as I know something about it I can piece some stuff together to play over it :)
Quote by AlanHB
Yeah well in special UG land chords = noob, scales = intermediate and modes = advanced. Most users are trying to finish the game on hard because then you get the trophies for noob and intermediate difficulties upon completion anyway.
Its in C#m most likely. 4 sharps in the key sig and starts on a C#.

First right hand notes are C# D# and E and the first left hand note, (bass) is C#

It also changes keys about half way in. Play around with C minor.

Chords: C# minor D# diminished, E maj, F# minor, G# major/minor, A major, B Major
Winner of the 2011 Virginia Guitar Festival

Protools HD
Lynx Aurora 16/HD192
Mojave, Sennheiser, AKG, EV etc mics
Focusrite ISA828 pres
Waves Mercury
Random Rack Gear

65 Deluxe Reverb
PRS CE 22
American Standard Strat
Taylor 712
Last edited by Artemis Entreri at Mar 24, 2009,
Thank you so much man. I owe you big time! Shall remember that :)

Thanks again.
Quote by AlanHB
fcgd E Maj => C# min
bead Ab Maj => F min
looks like it starts in C# min and changes to F min to me (I'm a bit rusty on theory though)

Top line starts off kinda

New 
 e|-------0-|-0---2-|-2---|-2-4-0-----0-|---------0-2-|-4-4-4-2-5-|------------|
 B|---2-4---|---4---|---0-|-------2-----|-4-2-0-------|-----------|------------|
 G|---------|-------|-----|-------------|-------------|-----------|------------|
 D|----------------------------------------------------------------------------|
 A|----------------------------------------------------------------------------|
 E|----------------------------------------------------------------------------|

If that helps. Except I dunno how to show slurs :p
Last edited by zhilla at Mar 24, 2009,