I've been prowling around for awhile looking for an amp that can cover the dirty tones I like, and these seem to fit the bill well. I'm looking for tones similar but not limited to:

Queens of the Stone Age
Muse
Incubus
Thrice

Would the Rocker 30 have enough gain for these? Or would I have to step up to the Rockerverb 50? Keep in mind that I'm not looking for these exact tones, I'd just like to have a versatile amp in the $1000-1300 range that can get me close while still maintaining my own sound. Gear is in the sig, and other suggestions are welcome. Thanks!

edit: looking for a head, btw
main rig:
MIM Tele->VP Jr.->CryBaby->Fuzz Factory->TS808->Carbon Copy->Phase 90->TU-3->Vox AC30CCH+Avatar 212 and Peavey VTM60+Marshall 1960A

Quote by necrosis1193
Fuzz...It's wonderful and horrible and beautiful and repulsive and so many things all at once.
Last edited by spiff389 at Mar 24, 2009,
Dude I just got an Orange amp and dude, QOTSA, totally. I can play through my super overdrive and a crybaby, and get crazy awesome garage tones, really smooth leads, dude, you can't go wrong with Orange.
the rocker 30 can do all of those bands.
PSN USERNAME: MetuulGuitarist7
STEAM:MetuulGuitarist7
Origin:MetuulGuitarist7
feel free to add me
Definitley the Rocker 30. Incubus' heavier stuff will need a clean boost or overdrive pedal.
The Rocker will be able to do it, it would be pretty hard to get a Rockerverb 50 for $1300 anyway.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

THE ARCHITECT σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

drone/doom/post-metal: http://theygrieve.bandcamp.com
if you can deffo get the rockerverb 50
but yeah orange are some of the best amps out
well the crush are a little =/

but anythin else is good
I shouldn't post when drunk..

07 LTD MH400NT SD SH2/SH5
15 Jackson SLATHX-m 3-7 Slime green
Squier std tele (modded to hell)