Ok, so I have a new song that I am working on and it has two horn parts to it. I got to go home and busted out the Trombone only to find that my chops are not up to par anymore. . . .

So, I was wondering if anyone knew of a good way to make a guitar sound like a brass instrument (trombone preferably, I could settle for trumpet sound)?

Just settings, vsti, I'm open to anything. . .

HELP!

and thanks in advance,
-Ryan
Synths?

Best bet is a Roland midi pick up or something
All I want is for everyone to go to hell...
...It's the last place I was seen before I lost myself

Quote by DisarmGoliath
You can be the deputy llamma of the recordings forum!
ive considered doing that, however it would be nice to just play it.
you can get a bit more feeling when you play it.

-Ryan
^well then you'll need to get a midi pickup or a midi keyboard of some sort really.
some daws have an "extract midi from audio" function that supposidly can generate a midi clip from a monophonic audio source but i've never seen one that was usefully accurate, its almost always a mess.

if program up a midi clip and play around with the velocitys and timing it'll be fine.
I was thinking just a program like Guitar Rig where I can shape the sound but shape it to sound like a trombone.

I'm starting to think that this isn't going to happen. sad.

-Ryan
I've used a VST effect called grumblebum that allows you to convert audio (live or recorded) to simple synth waves...but you can't play chords

And THIS looks promising
Quote by Jared R. Boyd
I was thinking just a program like Guitar Rig where I can shape the sound but shape it to sound like a trombone.

I'm starting to think that this isn't going to happen. sad.

-Ryan

yeah, that would require some really advanced resynthesis, your best shot is getting a MIDI controller and a breath controller for it.
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm
is there anyway to get a "Brassy" tone out of my guitar?
it doesn't have to sound exactly like a trombone (though that would be nice), however i do want the brass feel to it.

thanks for all the help guys, and i'm looking into the whole audio to midi thing, though its not looking to promising yet.

-Ryan