Page 1 of 4
It's almost April 1st and most colleges have sent out acceptance/rejection letters. What schools have you heard back from?
Quote by Arthur Curry
it's official, vintage x metal is the saving grace of this board and/or the antichrist

e-married to
theguitarist
minterman22
tateandlyle
& alaskan_ninja

Iowa State University and University of Minnesota (Carlson School of Management)
UW Madison: My number one choice (and only school I applied to) where was accepted in December
My Gear:

Ibanez RG1570
- Dimarzio Air Norton and D-Sonic
Schecter C-1 Artist Limited Edition
Peavey Valveking
Roland Cube 60
Digitech Bad Monkey OD
Dunlop Original Cry Baby Wah
...the one I'm attending? amidoinitrite?

All doucheness aside, the college I'm attending is called Wofford College, it's a small, liberal arts college in South Carolina.
Quote by RU Experienced?
Well, unless you're playing guitar by thrashing your dick around the strings I see no application of guitar technique to sex.

My band, Two Days In February
None, the course I was applying for didn't get any funding and is shutting down.

Guess it's back to clown college for me =/
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
Quote by Kensai
None, the course I was applying for didn't get any funding and is shutting down.

Guess it's back to clown college for me =/

Quote by Arthur Curry
it's official, vintage x metal is the saving grace of this board and/or the antichrist

e-married to
theguitarist
minterman22
tateandlyle
& alaskan_ninja

i only applied to 7 schools, and the major universities i got accepted to where the University of South Carolina, Coastal Carolina University, and Francis Marion University.
Tampa Bay Buccaneers

South Carolina Gamecocks

Quote by SGstriker
Chef Strato-Massacre: Cooking shitstorms since that comment.

Quote by PurpleClawz
Damnit why are you full of so much win
Quote by ASITHOS
...the one I'm attending? amidoinitrite?

All doucheness aside, the college I'm attending is called Wofford College, it's a small, liberal arts college in South Carolina.

Terriers (not)FTW.
Tampa Bay Buccaneers

South Carolina Gamecocks

Quote by SGstriker
Chef Strato-Massacre: Cooking shitstorms since that comment.

Quote by PurpleClawz
Damnit why are you full of so much win
Quote by vintage x metal
It's almost April 1st and most colleges have sent out acceptance/rejection letters. What schools have you heard back from?

Wouldn't that be awful if they sent you a letter of acceptance, then just wrote April fools day at the bottom?

I haven't applied anywhere yet though.
Quote by vintage x metal

It's ok, I'm gonna freelance a bit.

Freelance photography that is, not freelance clowning. Although...
████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
Places for Fine Art & Music at Liverpool Hope and Bath Spa Universities, Fine Art at Liverpool JMU university, and I've had interviews for Fine Art at MMU and Canterbury Christ Church universities.

I've got the excellence scholarship at Liverpool Hope, which gets me £6000 over the three years.
VENUSIAN
FB SC BC TW
Patterns In The Ivy present ethnicity on an intriguing and dedicated level. ~Ambient Exotica
A mesmeric melange of yearning voice, delicate piano and carefully chosen samples. ~Lost Voices
Cannabis College. Classes begin at 9... or 12.
Holden Caulfield is a friend of mine.
We go drinking from time to time.
nyu-poly, rochester institute if technology, city college, hunter college
Gear
-Ibanez RG321 ( /w D-Sonic)
-Agile AL-3100 (/w Custom + '59)
-Yamaha FG730S
-Crybaby 535Q
-Keeley TS-9
-ISP Decimator
-B-52 AT-212
Quote by Mental-lica
My hats off to you mr. lanzaa and you can put this in your sig

M en
E jaculating
T o
A wful
L yrics
Quote by jetfuel495
Last year I was accepted into a few good colleges but couldn't go because of tuition/boarding costs. So I ended up where I am now.

=/
There wasn't sufficient financial aid?
Quote by Arthur Curry

e-married to
theguitarist
minterman22
tateandlyle
& alaskan_ninja

Rutgers (New Brunswick)
University of Delaware
Manhattan College
Stevens Institute of Technology

I have no clue where I want to go yet, but I do know that I want to major in Engineering. Any thoughts or opinions?

EDIT: I forgot to mention that I live in Central NJ
Last edited by Plaxico1717 at Mar 24, 2009,
PSAT's (I took them this year as a sophomore, but since they're designed for juniors the only reason I could take them was because only like 1/3 of the junior class did them)
Reading: 79
Math: 46
English: 62

And I got letter's from Cornell, Rutgers, NYU, Brown, and University of Wisconsin-Madison telling me I was accepted into their honors college (I think it's a form letter that they send if you pass some screening) and then some local colleges telling me I got some discount.

Not sure if that counts but it's what I got to contribute, being a sophomore.

EDIT: I want to do Mechanical Engineering in cars, hopefully at RPI, so those colleges mean nothing. :/
The arena is empty except for one man,
Still driving and striving as fast as he can.
The sun has gone down and the moon has come up,
And long ago somebody left with the cup,
But he's driving and striving and hugging the turns...
Last edited by Davus at Mar 24, 2009,
Quote by lanzaa
nyu-poly, rochester institute if technology, city college, hunter college

Woot! RIT!
Quote by Davus
PSAT's (I took them this year as a sophomore, but since they're designed for juniors the only reason I could take them was because only like 1/3 of the junior class did them)
Reading: 79
Math: 46
English: 62

And I got letter's from Cornell, Rutgers, NYU, Brown, and University of Wisconsin-Madison telling me I was accepted into their honors college (I think it's a form letter that they send if you pass some screening) and then some local colleges telling me I got some discount.

Not sure if that counts but it's what I got to contribute, being a sophomore.

Very good work with reading =] But you might want to work on your math score before the actual SAT if you want to attend those colleges, especially Cornell and Brown.
Quote by Arthur Curry

e-married to
theguitarist
minterman22
tateandlyle
& alaskan_ninja

Quote by rabidguitarist
Places for Fine Art & Music at Liverpool Hope and Bath Spa Universities, Fine Art at Liverpool JMU university, and I've had interviews for Fine Art at MMU and Canterbury Christ Church universities.

I've got the excellence scholarship at Liverpool Hope, which gets me £6000 over the three years.

I'm hoping to do English Lit at MMU, got an offer, now the hard part of the grades. Hopefully see you there mate!
Looking to buy a Fender Jagstang, u sellin?
Quote by Kensai
It's ok, I'm gonna freelance a bit.

Freelance photography that is, not freelance clowning. Although...

I'd hire you. For both, that is.
Quote by vintage x metal
=/
There wasn't sufficient financial aid?

Not really. Plus, my parents said I can only go out of the city for my first year if I got a full ride. Which I didn't. But I got a 50% ride to the school I'm in now, and it isn't so bad. I'll end up where I need to be eventually, though.
Quote by Strato-Massacre
Terriers (not)FTW.

Our football team does pretty well for coming from a small school, so there's some level of win, haha. Also, we're all rather smart.
Quote by RU Experienced?
Well, unless you're playing guitar by thrashing your dick around the strings I see no application of guitar technique to sex.

My band, Two Days In February
Quote by jetfuel495
Not really. Plus, my parents said I can only go out of the city for my first year if I got a full ride. Which I didn't. But I got a 50% ride to the school I'm in now, and it isn't so bad. I'll end up where I need to be eventually, though.

Ah that's good =] I thought you were implying that you weren't going to school at all anymore, and that would be an awful Plan B in comparison.
Quote by Arthur Curry

e-married to
theguitarist
minterman22
tateandlyle
& alaskan_ninja

Yeah, my math isn't too great. But at the time of the test I didn't know what function notation was so whenever I got:

g(x)= 3x^2+(1/x)
or something along those lines

I would try to solve for g because seeing x in two places confused me.
FAIL.
The arena is empty except for one man,
Still driving and striving as fast as he can.
The sun has gone down and the moon has come up,
And long ago somebody left with the cup,
But he's driving and striving and hugging the turns...
Quote by Davus
Yeah, my math isn't too great. But at the time of the test I didn't know what function notation was so whenever I got:

g(x)= 3x^2+(1/x)
or something along those lines

I would try to solve for g because seeing x in two places confused me.
FAIL.

Yeah, that would be a problem
You're only a sophomore though; you've got plenty of time haha
Quote by Arthur Curry

e-married to
theguitarist
minterman22
tateandlyle
& alaskan_ninja

Right now? None.. im a young spring chicken; a Junior that is. I hope to make it into University of Central Florida.

That, or its back to South Florida for me
YELLOWFRIZBEE s FreezerBurn

Stepco's Master
|Colowomble 2016|PSN=yellowfrizbee| + UG Community Radio|
only applied to Penn State Lehigh Valley and got in. That way I can transfer to main campus in two years since I don't think my SAT and GPA were good enough to get in main right off the bat.
When I applied to University I got into:

University of Manchester
University College London
University of Birmingham
University of Newcastle
University of Liverpool

That was the order in which I wanted to go to them as well but I got into them all so that's irrelevant. UCL is easily the best on the list but I'd probably end up dead in London :/
Quote by Spartan101400
Musicians Institute, FVCK YEAH!

In L.A.?

I think my friend applied there.
Quote by Spamwise
South Harmon Institute of Technology.

lulz
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers

If women can be annoyed there arent any women incongress I should be allowed to be pissed off there are no members of pink floyd or the beatles in congress.
Mansfield branch of THE Ohio State University.
John Myung, the bass god with nimble, asian basketweaving fingers! \.../

Quote by Sonis3
+∞

Quote by HelloHalo
University of Delaware
Washington College
Gettysburg College

Waiting on

University of Virginia
Georgetown University
Johns Hopkins
Boston College
ED REED BABY
University of Illinois - Urbana Champaign (my first choice and $16000 scholarship moneys)
Purdue University
Depaul University ($42000 scholarship moneys)
Indiana University - Bloomington ($20000 scholarship moneys)
University of Illinois - Chicago

I'm still waiting on the result for Northwestern University but that's probably gonna be a no. I'm lucky in all of the scholarship moneys that I got, but it's well deserved from working my ass off throughout high school.
I was accepted into both Harvard and Yale (undergraduate), but chose not to go due to money issues. Instead I went to a small college in Kentucky, and graduate this year. I did, however, get accepted into the PhD program for physics at University of Kentucky and start there this fall.
Got into all four that I applied to

Western Washington University
Central Washington University
University of Washington
Evergreen State College

I'll most likely be going to WWU.
Founder of the EHX Users Guild
My Photography

Quote by Kyle-Rehm
Please don't tell me I'm the only one that clicked this thread thinking I would learn how to make my guitar sound like a grizzly bear.
Page 1 of 4