Ok, I just got done chopping up an old Visa, and wondered if I could paint the picks I made with some sort of paint that wouldn't wear off easily.

Here's a pic of the picks

Why paint 'em? Those look rad.
A buddy of mine once tried to make his own picks by dipping cardboard into a can of that rubberized insolation stuff that would go on the end of pliers. His hands were blue for days. And the picks didn't work.
All paint is going to wear off. You're constantly handling it and attacking metal objects with it. Why do you want to paint them?
My gear:
Flannel shirt
band
Quote by drewsta42
All paint is going to wear off. You're constantly handling it and attacking metal objects with it. Why do you want to paint them?

I dunno, at first they looked ugly, but actually now that I look at them, they look sorta cool (best two IMO are the green stripe and the one with VISA on it). I guess I just wanted to know if I could make them look more like a regular pick. Ah well, forget this topic I guess.

Quote by inkandlead
Why paint 'em? Those look rad.
A buddy of mine once tried to make his own picks by dipping cardboard into a can of that rubberized insolation stuff that would go on the end of pliers. His hands were blue for days. And the picks didn't work.

Cardboard? I've heard of using that, but I never thought it would work. That sucks about his hands being stained blue though.
Last edited by Alex Vik at Mar 24, 2009,
Besides, after a while even the graphics on the picks will wear off.
it's all just coming back
it's all coming back

it's all coming back to me
Quote by Baby Joel
Besides, after a while even the graphics on the picks will wear off.

True, and now that I think about it, they sort of look good with the worn look, sort of like aged guitars.
lol, i do the EXACT same thing with out gift cards.
Quote by HeretiK538
Totally awesome, I love you.

Have my children.