Hi i have just joined this site so Hello!!

I have a £1100ish budget i can stretch a little,

At the moment i have a Epiphone Les Paul Custom, and i have had it for 2 years or so, and i love it , but i want something different now , im tempted by the Epiphone LP Ultra 2 , the one with the acoustic pickup at the bottom of the neck, but i don't think i want another Les Paul ,

Guitars I like

Fender VG stratocaster,

Most of the ibanez range

PRS but im unsure of what PRS i can get for that money

Gibson LP studio but again im unsure if i want another LP

So if you had to spend £1100ish what would you buy ? Whats the best Guitar I can get for that amount of money

Thanks for your help!!

Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Last edited by steven seagull at Mar 24, 2009,
PRS Mira's are pretty solid and I think they are like $1500 in the states but i think thats the about as much in england
Meh, whatever you play, look at Framus solidbodies. The Diablo Pro or Panthera Pro / Panthera Studio Pro are within your price range.
Quote by TheQuailman
Meh, whatever you play, look at Framus solidbodies. The Diablo Pro or Panthera Pro / Panthera Studio Pro are within your price range.

I play a range of things but mostly Pink Floyd songs,

Thanks for the help Everyone!!
Last edited by EpiLPCustomR at Mar 24, 2009,
If you like Floyd, then check out some strats. Fender AM Standard, maybe AM Deluxe. The new Roadworn series is really good, too (the relic finish isn't for everyone, though). But the Diablo Pro will do Floyd easily as well. It's also hella versatile.
Quote by TheQuailman
If you like Floyd, then check out some strats. Fender AM Standard, maybe AM Deluxe. The new Roadworn series is really good, too (the relic finish isn't for everyone, though). But the Diablo Pro will do Floyd easily as well. It's also hella versatile.

if i get a strat i think it will be the vg stratocster do you know if they are anygood?
i quite like the idea of the prs aswell as you can split the pickups to get that single coil tone .
The Mira will be more than 1100 pounds. It is nice, but I don't remember whether it had coil split.

I've never played the VG, but it's more than 1100 anyway and hardly available used.
Quote by TheQuailman
The Mira will be more than 1100 pounds. It is nice, but I don't remember whether it had coil split.

I've never played the VG, but it's more than 1100 anyway and hardly available used.

actully the vg is £1000 for me i live in a tax haven so no vat
Quote by MetaMegaMagic
Schecter Hellraiser C-1 FR
Jackson RR24
Jackson SL2H
ESP EC-1000 FR
Ibanez S5470

Terrible ideas. No offense. I happen to be an ESP fanboy, but if you want Pink Floyd-esque tones, you want either a PRS or a Fender... I'd suggest PRS, but try them both out. Go to your local guitar shop, try out the Fenders and PRSs at the top of your price range, and see what you like.
You could also get a PRS SE (not sure which, check em all out) and just do some modding with the extra cash. That would save you money and you'd get a great guitar.
HEY EVERYONE TANKS SO MUCH FOR ALL THE REPLYS I WENT TE IBANEZ ROUTE

http://www.sweetwater.com/guitargallery/electric/all/s211201S08093432/

last year they were selling for a grand where i saw them so i thought it was a good choice

also i dropped the price bracket because i want some money left for a nice amp , but it looks great will arrive next week hopefully

apparently its amazingly comfortable , and has really good sustain which is what i want , i play Pink Floyd stuff mainly,

and its made in the Ibanez custom shop apparently , i love it already and i haven't even got it yet. Cheesy Grin
Hope you enjoy it. It looks quite nice.
"Notes are expensive, spend them wisely." - B.B. King