I need an amp that has really good built-in distorion & overdrive ,but can also give me a good lead guitar sound. I play Hard-Rock, like Led Zeppelin style & Metal, like Metallica. Sometimes I play other stuff like blues. I'm thinking of getting a Vox AD50VTXL or a Peavey Bandit 112. What do you guys think? or if theres another one you guys want to reccomend. I use an Epiphone Les Paul Standard by the way.
A good song should make you wanna tap your foot and get with your girl. A great song should destroy cop cars and set fire to the suburbs. I'm only interested in writing great songs.
My budget is $500 & I live in Newnan, Georgia, if that helps
A good song should make you wanna tap your foot and get with your girl. A great song should destroy cop cars and set fire to the suburbs. I'm only interested in writing great songs.
ceriatone JTM45 BB.

oh wait, you havent listed a budget.....

addendum: ^^^ now dont i look like a doofus.

how about a blackheart little giant? boost is with a good OD/disto and you can crank out the heavy tones. or a blackstar HT-5, although i'm not sure how "heavy" they can get.
Last edited by Skierinanutshel at Mar 24, 2009,
B-52 At112.
Quote by Cathbard
If all you had to go on was the forum you'd think a Decimator could cure noise caused by dodgey stage lighting and restock the ocean's population of sperm whales
i have a bandit and its great, but for $500 you could do a ton better. and the bandit doesn't do the rock stuff too well....
Ibanez RG 550 (1989, MIJ)
--Peavey 5150--
Custom DIY 2x12
Peavey Bandit II
Ibanez AD 220 Analog Rack Delay
MXR Flanger (not the reissue)
MXR 10 Band EQ
Boss NS-2
Dunlop 95q Wah (broken)
Heavily Modded Strat
Those B52 at112's that a couple of you mentioned, are they available in the UK? I always hear people recommending them, but have never actually seen one in real life. I'm guessing it's an American thing.
Peavey Classic 30 + OCD or B-52 AT 112 (teh most suggested amp in UG)
PSN USERNAME: MetuulGuitarist7
STEAM:MetuulGuitarist7
Origin:MetuulGuitarist7
feel free to add me
What about a Peavey Vypyr?
Quote by WTF!!is a TAB
Peavey Classic 30 + OCD or B-52 AT 112 (teh most suggested amp in UG)

hey, at only $360 I wouldn't be complaining. And yes a, Classic 30 + OD pedal would work nicely also.
Quote by Xanron
What about a Peavey Vypyr?

Yeah. For $500, you can get the Tube 60, which IMO is one of the best (that or the SS 75 watt version).
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
Quote by Les Paul Ell
Those B52 at112's that a couple of you mentioned, are they available in the UK? I always hear people recommending them, but have never actually seen one in real life. I'm guessing it's an American thing.

I've heard you can't get B-52 in the UK. Which is wierd, cause we get them in New Zealand.
Quote by Cathbard
If all you had to go on was the forum you'd think a Decimator could cure noise caused by dodgey stage lighting and restock the ocean's population of sperm whales
Quote by konigstiger
i have a bandit and its great, but for $500 you could do a ton better. and the bandit doesn't do the rock stuff too well....

Really? I saw this video on youtube of a guy playing metal using a Peavey Bandit. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6j4_U1MHdK0
Quote by shadow__666
I've heard you can't get B-52 in the UK. Which is wierd, cause we get them in New Zealand.

Ah well, it's not like we don't have enough of our own amp brands already