Accepting a scholarship from the Powerchord Academy is akin to accepting a personal invitation from Kim-Jong Il for a friendly visit to North Korea.
My Last.FM

"The more you think, the better you're going to play. That should be a quote somewhere."
- Marty Friedman
Quote by COBGage
Accepting a scholarship from the Powerchord Academy is akin to accepting a personal invitation from Kim-Jong Il for a friendly visit to North Korea.

Agreed
Quote by boyan89
A BRANG!

fix'd
What are you dense?
Are you retarded or something?
Who the hell do you think I am?
I'm the goddamn Batman.

April 19th, 2011: The Night of the Boob

Ya, I got a partial scholarship as well. I'm sure everyone does, either way, it's probably a rip off. 1500 dollars can get me a nice guitar/amp. Powerchord academy...eh.
i guess theyre getting pretty desperate then
MY DESIGN/PHOTOGRAPHY TUMBLR
Quote by SEALSniper1152

If you take a jar, and whisper what you want to hate into it, then close the jar, coat it in crunchy peanut butter, and shove it up your ass. I'm pretty sure you could hate everything after that.
i got one....i didnt even enter the contest on here...
ESP Alexi 600 and Father Marshall.............nuff said
They give one to everybody who sends an email, it's part of their scam.
I think I'm the only one who hasn't won
In order to live, you must be ready to die

R.I.P. DIO

FUCK JUSTIN BIEBER

Quote by Metallica_AC/DC
a mental asylum called Mike

Quote by Masamune
That's cuz you mad...Mike.

Sorry, had to get my corniness out of the way.
Quote by ColdNovembeRain
I got an email from powerchord academy saying I won a partial scholarship through the contest on here. Anyone else win one, and what was tuition after the scholarship?

I"m pretty sure everyone wins that contest...
Quote by COBGage

Win.
Please excuse my godawful username. I was thirteen.
I beleive I made the ONLY (actually it was called Power Chord Academy Strikes Again!) PCA thread YOUNG MAN!
Quote by SlackerBabbath

I also have hairy butt cheeks, I once shaved a letter 'W' on each cheek, so that when I bent over it spelled WoW.

warning, some of the contents of this post may not necessarily be completely true.
You clicked on the ad hoping it would propel you into rock stardom, didn't you?

*credit to InvaderTSN for above joke.
~don't finkdinkle when ur supposed to be dimpdickin~
pca is cool.. i've been there, and they just want to offer a kind of second prize for people who entered the contest. usually the scholarship/discount is like $100 off of tuition..
Hey, I just got the same email from Power Chord Academy. I called in for more information about it and the program actually sounds like a really awesome experience. You get to record in a professional studio, make a music video, play some shows, meet a professional touring band, and learn a ton about the music industry. I am talking to my mom tonight and I hope she can sign me up soon. I dont know why you guys are bashing it.
Quote by awayfrom2nite
Hey, I just got the same email from Power Chord Academy. I called in for more information about it and the program actually sounds like a really awesome experience. You get to record in a professional studio, make a music video, play some shows, meet a professional touring band, and learn a ton about the music industry. I am talking to my mom tonight and I hope she can sign me up soon. I dont know why you guys are bashing it.

What are you dense?
Are you retarded or something?
Who the hell do you think I am?
I'm the goddamn Batman.

April 19th, 2011: The Night of the Boob

My friend went last year and he had a the best time. I just had my mom sign me up and me and my friend are gonna be in a band together this year. im pumped
Quote by awayfrom2nite
My friend went last year and he had a the best time. I just had my mom sign me up and me and my friend are gonna be in a band together this year. im pumped

oh man do i have some youtubes that you have to see
You Are Now Aware Of Your Own Breathing
I also won this "partial" scholarship. By a partial scholarship I'm automatically assuming that means you get almost half a sticker and a slice of chocolate cake if you attend the program, therefore I deleted the email, as I already have both.
My Rig:

Guitars:
Schecter C-1 Classic (Deep Sea Green)
Jackson DK2M Snow White Edition
BC Rich Mockingbird Special X

Amps:
Mesa Boogie Express 5:50 212
Roland Microcube

RIP Kevin Robert Swerdfiger
September 15 1991 - May 16 2008
Quote by conquistador
oh man do i have some youtubes that you have to see

I just searched youtube, O GOD... Post links to the worst you saw XD
Quote by SonOfSanguinus
I believe in the "personal opinion" school of thought, I doubt you've heard of it. Now, go waste your time on something that doesn't annoy me

---

Female guitarist
You want to check my profile. Do it.

Flickr
Quote by awayfrom2nite
You do know that doing any music tech course at any school will get you most of the same experience, without having to pay through the nose.

Most of the teachers I have at the moment have CDs out, one of them has played at the Reading festival, another DJs Ministry of Sound every few weeks. I go into a professional level studio ever 3 weeks to help local band record demos for free and I had a year of lessons about how the music industry works.

You're getting ripped off. Well done, you fuckwit.
Quote by riffer5411
pca is cool.. i've been there, and they just want to offer a kind of second prize for people who entered the contest. usually the scholarship/discount is like $100 off of tuition..

No, it's not.
~don't finkdinkle when ur supposed to be dimpdickin~
Last edited by Primus2112 at Mar 26, 2009,
Quote by willieturnip

I had just watched that XD
Quote by SonOfSanguinus
I believe in the "personal opinion" school of thought, I doubt you've heard of it. Now, go waste your time on something that doesn't annoy me

---

Female guitarist
You want to check my profile. Do it.

Flickr
I got one of these too. I saw the email subject "ultimate guitar contest" and I got all excited. Damn Powerchord Academy