okay, im in a death metal band, and a ska band so im looking for a nice metal tone, and a very smooth clean channel.

im loking for a $300-$1,000 price range. my cab can hadle 400 watts so dont worry about that.

any suggestions?
Death metal and ska? Wierd combo.

Randall RM50?
Quote by Cathbard
If all you had to go on was the forum you'd think a Decimator could cure noise caused by dodgey stage lighting and restock the ocean's population of sperm whales
im not sure exactly what a good ska tone is like, but im gonna go ahead and say look at the B-52 AT-100 head. can you go used?
periphery/bulb!

gear:
Ibanez RG7321 w/ D-sonic in bridge

Peavey 5150 mk ii & b52 4x12 cab

line 6 podxt for recording

Quote by AsOneIStand
Head and Cab for $130? You don't need a head and cabinet, you need a psychological examination.
^hmm, lets see

peavey XXX
mesa recto's
mesa mark series
ampeg VH-140
peavey 5150/6505 (not so great cleans though)
randall warhead
marshall valvestate

thats all ive got for now, im gonna wait for good ol' alfred to come, he'll be able to help
periphery/bulb!

gear:

Quote by AsOneIStand
Head and Cab for $130? You don't need a head and cabinet, you need a psychological examination.
Quote by 7stringuzr
Peavey 6505+ on Ebay

That's only 50% of what he wants, smooth clean tones out of a 6505, + or standard are not going to sound good for Ska.
I've gotta say you'd be much better off with a used Mesa Single or Dual Rectifier or Mark III or Mark IV. Not many amps can hit death metal and still do ska really well, considering the original Ska tone came from a popular Fender tone with more edge.
The B-52 would be something to look into as well, allthough they aren't the most reliable amps apparently (might've been sorted out by now).
thanks. ive got a b-52 cab that puts out great tones. ill look into a mesa. are all the modles you just osed mesa?
Randall RM50 or RM100.
Quote by patriotplayer90
Lolz that guy is a noob.

Egnater
Leave it on the press, Depress Depress Taboot Taboot.
Quote by ClassicalDoom
okay, im in a death metal band, and a ska band so im looking for a nice metal tone, and a very smooth clean channel.

im loking for a $300-$1,000 price range. my cab can hadle 400 watts so dont worry about that.

any suggestions?

Line 6 spider head.
Washburn Dimebag Camo V>Digitech deathmetal distortion>Peaveyhotfoot distortion>Digitech Turbo stereo flange>Peavey Companded chorus>Peavey stereo Effect Processor DEP-16 (all on my peavey Peavey pfc-5 pedal board)
^gtfo.
Quote by Cathbard
If all you had to go on was the forum you'd think a Decimator could cure noise caused by dodgey stage lighting and restock the ocean's population of sperm whales
Quote by wyattfilms
Line 6 spider head.

Protip: The thread title is Good amp heads, and he has a nice price range.

TS - if you can find a Carvin V3 that may meet your sort of needs?
Quote by Pookie6
Yngwi3, You win this whole monstrosity of a thread.

Quote by uk.mace
For the best tingle, use Original Source mint. That shit feels amazing on your balls.

Godfather of The Diezel Mafia
Quote by PollyWntsCrack
for death metal?

Nile use the JCM800

Find a used Randall RM50 and get the Ultra XL and Blackface modules. Or get a Krank Rev Jr. Pro.
Then there's this band called Slice The Cake...

Bunch of faggots putting random riffs together and calling it "progressive" deathcore.
Stupid name.
Probably picked "for teh lulz"

Mod in UG's Official Gain Whores
Quote by Shinozoku
Nile use the JCM800

Find a used Randall RM50 and get the Ultra XL and Blackface modules. Or get a Krank Rev Jr. Pro.

ah yes i was going to reccomend the krank, its perfect for him, but it slipped my mind somehow
periphery/bulb!

gear:

Quote by AsOneIStand
try a 5150 Original it will never fail you and will withstand anything even falling 6 feet onto solid concrete
Krank Rev JR Pro
Peavey 3120
Randall RM50
Mesa/Boogie F-30/50
Mesa/Boogie Mark III

OR 5150 head A/B to a Blues Jr. for ska.
PSN USERNAME: MetuulGuitarist7
STEAM:MetuulGuitarist7
Origin:MetuulGuitarist7
feel free to add me
Quote by WTF!!is a TAB
OR 5150 head A/B to a Blues Jr. for ska.
RM50 with the aforementioned modules would actually be less clunky to haul around, and more than likely sound as good or better on both accounts

But that IS a thought.
Then there's this band called Slice The Cake...

Bunch of faggots putting random riffs together and calling it "progressive" deathcore.
Stupid name.
Probably picked "for teh lulz"

Mod in UG's Official Gain Whores
well with a cab like that you are not going to do a good amp head justice.

id look at the mesa mark series, or see if you can find a jcm 800, which will get you to death metal territory with a pedal. You would probably like the 900 too.

also check out laney protubes, or if you can find a sunn beta lead that would be good too.
Quote by shakin'cakes
First of all, I enjoy deathcore for it's complexity and it's the only genre heavy enough for me

Quote by Highway60Bob
I want an amp good for playing hippie tunes. I want it to be an actual amp, not a tube amp.
^i dont know if a JCM800 would make it into the death metal territory, MAYBE if you have high output pickups, a booster, and the amp is up very loud. i still think it would be better to look at amps that have enough gain on their own, rather than rely on extra stuff
periphery/bulb!

gear:

Quote by AsOneIStand