Is it possible that the faster you go and the longer you stay at that speed, the slower it seems?
Ive Been Doing scales at 16NPS+, and it seems that It all sort of slowed down for me. 200BPM is a simple task now, and in retrospect doesn't seem any where near as fast as it once was.
Could My Brain have Adjusted to the higher speeds to comprehend faster playing sequences?
Quote by Life Is Brutal
Is it possible that the faster you go and the longer you stay at that speed, the slower it seems?
Ive Been Doing scales at 16NPS+, and it seems that It all sort of slowed down for me. 200BPM is a simple task now, and in retrospect doesn't seem any where near as fast as it once was.
Could My Brain have Adjusted to the higher speeds to comprehend faster playing sequences?

in short, yes.

over time you will be able to follow faster passages better.
yep, I've had the same thing here, tho rusty cooley still feels outta my league
Quote by Demonikk
'Practice amp' = amp you practice with? In my case, Peavey 6505+ and 4x12
I don't do things small

Except children.
yehhhp thats about right
s'all abotu relativity if your used to seeing thoswe fingers playing 200bpm
then that'll seem more of a normal speed
its abit disheartening
you spend ages learning a solo and then as you get better
the solo seems less and less impressive;P
Ye, ur ear adapts, and recognizes details better.

High aural definition.

The illusion of fast, is most of the time created by not being able to understand/follow, what's being played.

"real" speed is quite some different from illusional/perceptive speed.

Some songs sound fast, but aren't really that fast as they seem to be. I'm sure all of you have come across at least 1 or 2 songs like this, where you think the speed is insane, but when you play it, it's not all that fast/hard.

The "Re-incarnation of Plato" Award 2009
(most intelligent)
The "Good Samaritan" Award 2009 (most helpful)

[font="Palatino Linotype
Who's Andy Timmons??
Last edited by xxdarrenxx at Mar 25, 2009,
Yeah most def. I remb i was never able to listen to a song and hear the notes. Now I hear the notes most of the time and actually sounds slower to me
Quote by Life Is Brutal

and this is probably why many shredders JUST play fast
how long have you been playing? (just for fun)
Gibson SG Standard
Ibanez S2170FB
Peavey JSX
Marshall 1960A
TEXAS A&M
I think the same happened to me cuz when I first started I was going really slow and missing a bunch of notes

I started playing some faster stuff like The Apex by Neuraxis or even something like Stabwound so now I don't have problems.

Cept that it took me like 2 years to nail 240+ bpm
Quote by superfish123
yehhhp thats about right
s'all abotu relativity if your used to seeing thoswe fingers playing 200bpm
then that'll seem more of a normal speed
its abit disheartening
you spend ages learning a solo and then as you get better
the solo seems less and less impressive;P

yea i know eh? ive been building up some speed and now it doesnt even seem that great. but back when i wasnt at this stage id have given anything to be where im at now. i remember i used to think SRV was crazy fast. but now i realized he's really not. then i though eric johnson was, but now i can follow his stuff too. i dont really want to go any faster than that though, but it does seem less impressive speed wise.
Quote by technical death
I think the same happened to me cuz when I first started I was going really slow and missing a bunch of notes

I started playing some faster stuff like The Apex by Neuraxis or even something like Stabwound so now I don't have problems.

Cept that it took me like 2 years to nail 240+ bpm

Ive played through stabwound, but never took time to learn it all. Have the licks down though.
Quote by sacamano79
how long have you been playing? (just for fun)

A year and two months or so now, maybe a year and four.
I usually just say bit more than a year.
some classical & flamenco passages are "super fast" to the ear but not to the fingers...the obsession to play fast in many cases shadows the reason to do so, and it often departs from anything to do with music..

to be able to use speed at will and make it musical....ahhh

play well

wolf
Hmm, thats uncanny, it seems that now you are so awesome at guitar, you need to satisfy your ego on the internet.

Oh come on, of course its going to feel slow. Youre used to something, and when you look back on easier things, they seem ridiculous. Just as your retrospect of slower playing.

You dont need this forum to certify that for you.
Quote by Robbie n strat
In the changing rooms we'd all jump around so our dicks and balls bounced all over the place, which we found hilarious.

Little children should be felt, not heard.